|24| Error of Judgement.

Start from the beginning

"Shut up okay." Virag tried to silence her meaningless talks.

"Okay I will. But, did you notice one thing? How happy does Anishka seem to be when Vivek is around her?" Ashleesha asked Virag.

"Yes. He's like a brother to her. Why won't she be happy around him?" Virag's voice raised with each word. Ashleesha was testing his patience.

"Rohan is her brother too. Why doesn't she seem to be happy with him?" Ashleesha smirked. She was sure that this would do it.

Virag didn't say anything to Ashleesha and stormed out of the room. Ashleesha smirked. Her plan worked.

Oblivious to all these, Vivek and Anishka were still dancing when something got into Anishka's right eye. Vivek held her face gently and blew air into her eyes to help her.

Virag was disturbed by Ashleesha's words. He could still hear the sound of the music seeping out of the room where Anishka and Vivek were practising. He walked upto the room and turned open the door knob. The door cracked open. Virag stepped in but, the scene that he saw infront of him next, drew out all the colours from his face. From where Virag was standing, anyone would assume that the two were kissing. Although Anishka's back was towards him, he could recognise her. Vivek's hands were on her face while hers were on her side. And it was normal too as Vivek was blowing air into Anishka's eyes and nothing else.

Virag's breathe got hitched. He felt betrayed. A million questions were flooding his mind. He wanted to ask her show many questions. Was she with Vivek now? Was he kissing her with her own consent? Or did he force him upon her?

"Thanks bhai. I feel much better now." Anishka thanked Vivek while wiping her right eye with the handkerchief. The bugging had stopped.

"It's okay Nish." Vivek smiled. Anishka smiled back.

"Excuse me, Vivek." Vivek and Anishka heard Virag's voice. Finally they noticed him. With bloodshot eyes and creases on his forehead, Virag looked scary. Really scary!

"Vir, come and have a seat. Watch us practice. Otherwise how will you match up with her steps later on?" Vivek tried to change the topic. He knew that Virag was angry about something.

"Why don't you excuse us instead so that we can practice together?" Virag asked. Vivek didn't raise any objection. He smiled and left from there. He knew it well that now wasn't the time to argue with Virag.

Vivek's departure only left Anishka and Virag alone. It didn't make Anishka any rejoiced. She won't feel embarrassed to accept it now that Virag was frightening her. Only heartbreak and rejection was written in his eyes. She has never seen him so exasperated.

"I am tired. I think we should practice later on." Anishka said plainly while walking towards the door.

Virag didn't say anything. His silence intimidated her for a moment.

"Fine. We will dance." Anishka huffed.

Virag smirked. He held Anishka's wrist with his hand and pulled her to him. Anishka hit his chest with a 'thud'. She looked up at his eyes. Virag looked away. Anishka sighed. She was not able to understand what was wrong with him.

Virag was not able to get that image of Anishka and Vivek out of his mind. His grip on Anishka tightened.

"Ouch! You're hurting me." Anishka stated.

Virag didn't say anything. Instead he tightened his grip on Anishka. Tears started to pour down from Anishka's eyes. He was hurting her. She did try to free herself but he was too strong for her.

Seeing Anishka in tears, Virag loosened his grip around her. He felt guilty. The anger in his eyes was replaced by remorse now. How could he hurt her?

"I am so-sorry." Virag stuttered. He had no explanation for his weird behaviour.

Anishka didn't say anything. She was about to go but Virag blocked her way. She tried to go from the other side but Virag was quick enough to pull her to him. By twisting her arm around her back, he started apologising again.

"I am so sorry Anishka. You could have told me that you're with Vivek an-" Virag couldn't even complete his sentence. Anishka slapped him hard. Virag was too shocked to react. He didn't see it coming.

"What do you mean? Vivek is my brother. How can you doubt him and me? Forget about me but isn't he your childhood best friend?" Anishka was very angry.

"I saw you two kissing." Virag said meekly. He has never seen Anishka so angry.

"We weren't kissing. Something had gone inside my eyes. He was helping me." Anishka explained. She didn't know whether she should be angry or laugh at Virag's stupidity.

Virag was embarrassed. How could he even think so low of them!

"I am so sorry." Virag apologised again.

Anishka accepted his apology. What else could she do! He was Virag Kohli. His puppy eyes could make people to do wondrous things.

Virag smiled. Anishka smiled back. Problem solved.

Hey readers! I hope you all are enjoying this story. If you can, do give me your feedback.