1.CRUSHING

1.CRUSHING

"OF COURSE, you're still the team captain

"OF COURSE, you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked Scott as we stood next to the bleachers, waiting for the morning practice to begin.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today" Scott answered, still a bit worried.

"C'mon Scotty boy, you'll do good. No one will get past those supernatural reflexes" I told him, placing a hand on his shoulder while giving him a little smile. He returned it, looking down at me.

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles said, making both of us look back at him.

"Ah. I texted him but he didn't get back to me" Scott said, taking it lightly. I looked at him wide-eyed.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles took the words out of my mouth. Kate. The name gave me shivers, I mean, how could it not? That's the name of the psychotic mass-murderer who killed almost my entire family.

Scott, feeling the change in my emotions, wrapped an arm around my neck just to remind me that he was there for me.

"I didn't have money to call France" He answered, and in that moment, I disconnected myself from the conversation. My attention was on the field, were a group of freshmen practiced for the try outs later. There was a kid, who I couldn't recognize because he was wearing a helmet, that was stopping every single ball that was launched towards him, on the position of goalie.

"Nice Liam. You might be our first ever freshman captain" A guy I recognized as Garret said, as he laid a hand on the goalie's shoulder, who took off his helmet, reviling a light skinned boy, with light brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. Ugh, why am I so cheesy?

"Lia!" Scott's scream brought me back to consciousness, making me blink a few times "Stop it!" He said, placing himself in front of me, blocking my view of the field.

"Stop what?" I asked, confused.

"Your eyes!" Stiles interrupted "They're glowing, like really glowing, brighter than usual" I closed my eyes for a while, until I felt like they were back to their usual greenish grey color.

"What was that? You don't tend to lose control like that" Scott's voice was filled with worry.

"I-I don't know"

After that, I was forced to follow Scott and Stiles to the boy's locker room, earning a few glances from the guys there, making me blush. It wasn't the first time I entered the place, but my reaction was always the same.

I was too distracted in my world to notice that Scott stopped walking, making me hit my face with his back, almost losing my balance. Problems of being 4'8