The Start of it All

It was just like any other day at Baby's Diner: taking people's orders, refilling empty coffee mugs, and occasionally nodding my head along to a song that I liked that rang out of the jukebox. But I knew that the small beach side town of Siesta Key, Florida was going to change when a tall, green eyed girl around my age, with long brown hair, wearing a black leather jacket, white t-shirt, black jeans, and black and white Chuck's walked through the diner doors, leading a brude of burly looking bikers. Her and the bikers sat down at the seats at the bar in front of where I was standing.

              The girl squinted at my name tag then said when all of her bikers were silent, "Hey....Clarke, me and my boys would like some beer."

              I raised my eyebrows at her and said with exasperation, "Can I have some identification?"

              She nodded her head and smirked at me then handed me a drivers license. The name read Lexa Wood.

               I raised one eyebrow then handed her back her licence while saying with sarcasm, "Impressive, you managed to look underaged and provide for me a licence that even tells me you're underaged. You really thought this through."

               She shook her head while looking at the table, "Maybe I can take you to the bathroom and make you change your mind about me being underaged," she winked at me then continued, "what d'ya say, sugar tits?"

               I scoffed and rolled my eyes. She laughed and so did her boys.

               I rolled my eyes, "I'm not giving you guys alcohol so you can leave."

               She raised and eyebrow, "Now, now, me and my boys want to enjoy the swinging and swaying of the music and dancing. You didn't think I was gonna leave here without your number, did ya?"

               I shook my head while laughing from shock, "Not a chance."

               She smirked, "You may say that now but wait till the end of the night."

               She winked at me one last time then walked off to the dance floor with the other bikers. She went to the jukebox, put in a quarter, then headed back to the dance floor. As they were all dancing my mom came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

        I looked back at her and smiled.

        She nodded towards Lexa and her boys and said, "Who are they? I haven't seen them around here."

         I shook my head and replied, "I'm not really sure but from what I can tell they're a biker group and their leader is that girl. Her name's Lexa," I got closer to me moms ear and whispered, "I think she's a lesbian."

           My mom shook her head while frowning, "Looks like nothing but trouble to me."

            I inhaled loudly, agreeing with her.

            She patted my shoulder and said, "Welp, let's get back to work."

             I shook from my trance of staring at Lexa and went back to work.

             At the end of the night after everyone had left my mom told me to close up the diner and meet her home. So I took off my aperon and turned off the lights and locked the front doors. As usual I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and lighter and went out through the back of the diner and locked the back door of the diner to take a smoke. When I turned around after locking the door I gasped when I saw Lexa standing there, smirking.

               I put a hand on my forehead, "Shit! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

               She grinned, "Oh didn't mean to scare ya there, baby."