[10] Intoxicated

Kelsey's POV

Trainwreck. That's probably a word that describes the way my life is going right now. I went from having the best boyfriend a girl can ever ask for and having the bestest friend a girl could have, to losing them both. When I see Allison it's like seeing a stranger, and when I see Isaac I see a bigger stranger. It's weird because they're not strangers at all, I know things about them, secrets, history, the whole lot. It's like suddenly they're far away, lost to me and that sucked.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my brother or Stiles, I would definitely be in a bad place if I didn't, I can't even imagine what it would be like. "Earth to Kelsey," I blinked a few times, zoning back to reality at hearing my name being called. My stare focused on Jake, who was sat opposite me, watching me with concern. "Are you okay? You just spaced on me, and you've been sighing every other minute."

"Sorry, I have a lot on my mind," I shake my head, hoping to be rid of my thoughts. "Were you saying something?" I could tell Jake wanted to know what was going through my mind, but I'm just not up to sharing. Tonight, was supposed to be a distraction, that was the reason why agreed to this whole friend date thing. I know Stiles wasn't too happy about me coming to this, but I know he's just looking out for me.

"I asked if you wanted to watch a movie back at my place once we finish up here?" Watch a movie at his place? I don't think that's a good idea after everything that's happened and also knowing that Jake may still have feelings for me, I don't want him thinking I like him in the same way. "Oh, I don't know." And not to mention Stiles will be waiting for me to come back since I said we'd watch a movie when I finish up here. "I won't try anything with you, if that's what you're worried about." He said, reassuring me.

Even so, I don't think I'd feel comfortable watching a movie at his house when I've never been there before, it's a little daunting. Like what if his parents are creepy? What if they have a weird collection of china dolls in the corner of the room? They might be serial killers for all I know. Wait — where am I going with this? "It's not that, it's just, I told Stiles I would watch a movie with him after this."

Jake looked down, I could tell he was disappointed. "Ah, right." I didn't mean to come across rude or anything. Maybe he thinks I'm rejecting him  — well, in a way I suppose I am, but Stiles comes first. I won't ditch our plans after Stiles has been an absolute trooper putting up with me and everything that's happened these past few weeks. "We can always do it another day after school or something?" I suggested.

"Of course, I'd like that." Jake smiled as he picked up his glass of coke. "So, how long have you and Stiles been friends for?" Why is he asking me about Stiles? It's a bit of a random question to ask. I guess he could just want to get to know Stiles and be his friend? I don't even know if he has many friends now come to think of it, sure he's on the lacrosse team and he's a little popular, but I never really see him hanging around with anyone at school, not really. Well I mean besides Danny on occasion. "Since kindergarten, why'd you ask?"

"Just want to know more about you and your friends, they seem really nice, not too sure about that Allison girl though, or Isaac." And there it is; there names again. The two strangers who were once my best friend and boyfriend. "We're not friends anymore." I replied bitterly, feeling the hurt inside. "Right, sorry about that." Jake went silent, he probably didn't know what else to say, so it was good thing the food turned up at the right time, preventing any awkwardness.

"A spaghetti bolognese for the pretty lady, and the sirloin steak for the young man, enjoy your food." The waiter sung as he placed our orders on the table. We said our thanks before he walked away. This restaurant is really nice, though it's not really my kind of scene — Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the food and service, it's just a little expensive for my taste, I'd rather be at home eating pizza while watching a film or something. Great, now I sound ungrateful. Maybe this one time wouldn't hurt, how much could spaghetti bolognese in here be?