forty-six

Start from the beginning

"I know."
✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗

Welp, I'm now 23

Welp, I'm now 23. God, can I be 16 again? We didn't really do anything special for my birthday, just went out to dinner with Tobias, my family and the gang. Nothing too exciting. Actually, all the kids at school made me cards. They're the sweetest little things.

So now it's Friday, oh my god I am so happy. I get to freaking sleep in tomorrow morning. I have never ever been a morning person, it's just not who I am, Tobias either. We're both super cranky in the morning, especially if we didn't get enough sleep.

Anyway, I'm just sprawled out on the couch in comfy PINK shorts and a light long sleeve shirt with my computer on my lap. I continue working as I here the front door open.

"Hey babe," I shout without taking my eyes off the screen. Koda gets up from his spot on the rug by my feet and runs towards Tobias.

"Hey," Tobias responds. I slide my computer off my lap and look over at Tobias, who is bended down and petting Koda. I hear a pair of paws running around the apartment and I'm instantly confused. It can't be Koda, he's sitting in front of Tobias, and it's not Queenie, she's asleep on the chair. I gasp when I see a little golden retriever puppy run in front of me.

"Tobias!" I shout, surprised. The puppy runs up to the couch and I pick him up. "You did not get us another dog."

"Yeah, I kinda did."

"We just got Queenie two months ago, and we have Koda too. Babe, how are gonna take care of two dogs and a cat if we can't take care of ourselves?" Tobias just laughs as he walks over and sits down next to me.

"You always said you wanted a golden, babe. And you have to admit, he's really cute." I laugh and push my hair back from my face as I look down at the dog.

"He is super cute," I admit, sighing.

"Oh I knew I'd get you," he says and kisses my cheek. I roll my eyes and look over at him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"He's so chubby," I giggle, playing with the dog. Tobias chuckles and wraps an arm around me.

"You're such a dork," he whispers into my hair.

"I could hear that."

"Yeah I wanted to you," he tells me, grinning from ear to ear.

"Okay. Now the hard part; what are we gonna name him?"

"Bacon."

"Tobias, we cant name our pets after your favorite food. We've been over this."

"Fine. Brian Griffin."

"Or your favorite cartoon character."

"Tris you're taking away all my good ideas!" he says, making me laugh.

"Okay, let me think one." I stare at the puppy trying to think up a name. "What about August? We could call him Auggie, or ooh! Auggie doggie!"

"Tris, that's... not a bad name, actually."

"Uh-huh that's what I thought. I got all the good ones."

"Yeah, whatever babe."
✗ ✗ ✗ ✗ ✗
I am so excited for this weekend! It's Memorial Day Weekend, and Tobias and I are going camping with the gang and all our dogs. Actually, Tobias, Zeke, Shauna, and I are the only ones with dogs. Tobias and I have Koda and Auggie, and Zeke and Shauna recently got a brittany named Apollo.

We're planning to stay at a campsite that's like a five mile hike away from this supposedly beautiful lake. I don't know. It's Memorial Day weekend, it might be kinda hard to find a spot for nine people. Tobias and I are riding with Zeke and Shauna, and Christina, Will, and Lynn are riding with Uriah and Marlene.

I've been waiting for this for weeks. I love camping, but only like every once in a while. Also, I only have like two and a half weeks of school so, fuck yeah! The kids have kinda been driving me nuts. Everyone just doesn't want to be at school anymore (myself included) because it sucks once Memorial Day comes around. Plus, I'm pretty sure they're all high on crack 24/7. Either that or they're straight up batshit crazy, but they're nice most of the time though.

Anyway, the drive to the campsite is about two and a half, maybe three hours. We listen to music and play games on the way, acting like idiots (it's not hard, the four of us are really idiotic; it's actually kinda funny).

We thankfully find a campsite around two, and we all decide to set up camp and just hang out for today, go on the hike tomorrow, and then pack up early Monday morning and head back to Chicago for the barbecue at Marlene's parents house.

Once the tents are up and the dogs have all gone pee, the nine (well, technically 12) of us snack on chips and Hostess powdered donuts for dinner. Major nutritional value right there. Did ya notice the little hint of sarcasm? Oops, there it is again.

The next morning I'm woken up by a dog barking. Wait, nope there's two dogs. I sit up as I yawn, running my fingers through my hair to push it away from my face.

Tobias rolls onto his side under the sleeping bag. Okay, so we brought two sleeping bags because we thought we'd each like to have our own, but being us and not being able to stay two feet away from each other for like eight hours, we used in as a pad underneath us and the other as a blanket. It also saved more stance in the tent for the dogs so, great.

I rest my head on my hand, but Tobias grabs my hand.

"Babe why aren't you wearing your ring?" he asks, running his fingers over my ring finger.

"Oh, I didn't want to lose it so I left it at home," I answer.

"Oh," Tobias replies, wrapping an arms around my waist and pulling me to his chest. E kisses right behind my ear and I smile, biting my lip. God, I have to stop doing that.

"I can't believe we're gonna be married in less than three months," I say unable to control the wide smile that forms on my face.

"I know. Then we get to go to Barcelona."

"I'm so excited for that. I've wanted to go there since I was little, and now I get to go with you. My hubby. Well soon to be."

"Same," he says, smiling.

Oh god, that smile. I fall in love over and over again every time I see it.
𖠇  𖠇  𖠇  𖠇  𖠇
A/N: ha, heyy guys💕 I totally meant to get this up a week ago but... I didn't. Sorry😬🙂
Omg I saw baby driver last night and it was so freaking good, intense af tho😳 also finished season 6 of ouat. Omg the musical episode had me dying. I was literally rolling on the floor😂 seriously tho, Colin O'Donoghue singing was so freaking hot I just about died. Not even joking. And freaking reginas song😂 she cracks me up.
Ok, chapterly life update brought to you by yours truly ily guys
-Аɴɴɑ✈️🌄🌻🐶💕🎇😂🤦🏻‍♀️🐬