Chapter 22

*Jack's POV*

I tapped Kimi's shoulder, looking at the figure as I did so.

"Kimi..I think it's Alex"

She looked over and we began to jog toward the figure.

It was in fact Alex. But, he looked horrible.

His face had cuts, dried blood running down from them. He had bags under his eyes that looked whiter then normal. His clothes were torn and stained with blood, his skin as white as a ghost. He seemed so weak.

"Alex.." I mumbled, a small smile on his face.

I hugged him, as I was now on my knees.

"Jacky.." Alex said.

He rolled up his arm to expose a walker bite. Oh my god.

"No..no no no" I rambled, putting his head in my hands.

"Jack please..don't be sad" he said quietly to me.

Out of everyone it had to be him. He should have never left by himself. Damn you, Jack.

I held the feeble Alex in my arms, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

"Jack..I need you to shoot me sweetie" Alex said quietly.

"I can't..please Alex"

"You know how this is Jack..don't make it harder" he said, looking into my eyes.

I laid Alex up against the rock he was once on, taking my rifle out in the process.

He looked at me and I had the gun to his forehead.

"I love you Jacky" he said, looking me straight in the eyes.

"I love you too, Lex"

And with that, I shot him.

~~

* Luke's POV *

"I think she should know" Kylah told me.

"Fine" I said, agreeing to her plan.

With that, we both walked out of the room to see Clem on the couch waiting patiently.

Kylah and I took our places, us both looking at her in the eyes.

"Well, you know how me and Luke were married before this?" the woman sitting next to me asked.

We were married before this. We dated for a year and a half and were married for about 4 years. I still consider us married.

Clementine nodded.

"Well, me and Luke tried for a baby. Everything was fine and normal and I went into labor"

Clem showed a confused expression on her face, most likely because she wasn't sure what 'labor' was.

"I'll tell you when you're older. But, I went into labor and the baby was a stillborn..that means it's dead.." she trailed off.

I soon became aware of the tears going down my face as I saw hers.

That day was horrible, the worst I've experienced. My baby girl, dead right in front of me. I was going to became a dad and have a little one call me 'daddy'. That's gone now.

* Flashback *

"Ok! Big push!" the nurse ordered.

"Ahhh!" Kylah yelled as she pushed, squeezing my hand.

"You're alright! You're alright!" I reassured her.

"We're losing a pulse!" one of the nurses announced.

Kylah looked at me with a scared look on her face. The baby girl inside could be dead. I don't think I could deal with that and I know Kylah couldn't.

"Just keep pushing sweetie!" the nurse told her.

"Ahhhh!" Kylah screamed, squeezing my hand even harder.

She did the same as she pushed a few more times. She eventually stopped as the nurse held the baby in her hands. She put a shocked expression on her face, it soon turned to a sad expression.

"I'm sorry miss but..she's a still born" the nurse muttered.

A shocked expression came onto Kylah's face. I could feel tears threatening to escape my eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of my wife that just lost her baby. Our baby.

The nurses took the baby girl out of the room, the doors shutting behind them. I watched as they closed. My baby girl is gone. My princess..I don't even know what's going through her head.

"Babe..I'm so sorry" I told her, tears now streaming down my face.

Her eyes were bloodshot already, tears running faster down her face then mine. I pulled the crying woman close. She began to cry into my shirt as I put my arm around her. I cried quietly.

* End of Flashback *

"You just..look like you could, in fact, be my kid" Kylah said as she put Clem's face in her hands.

"She would have been younger then you..but.." I added.

Clem does have a slight resemblance to Kylah, though they aren't related. Kylah's skin was a bit darker then Clem's. Their eyes were different colors but they had the exact same hair..just in different styles. I looked and Clementine then at Kylah.

"I'm sorry.." Kylah said quietly, burying her face in her palms.

Clementine rubbed her back softly, looking at her. I could see her eyes tear up.

"It's not your fault" Clem told her, a tear running down her cheek.

~~

* Clementine's POV *

I wish I wouldn't have asked them. The answer I got was horrible. I couldn't imagine what the both of them had to go through, losing a child. I would be afraid to try for another.

Jack and Kimi soon came through the door with sad expressions on their faces. Jack seemed more depressed then sad.

"Did you find him?" Luke asked the two.

Jack slowly made his way toward the bedroom, not answering the question.

"Alex is..um..gone.." Kimi stated quietly.

The room fell silent.

Two sad events in one day. Wow.