Chapter 17

* Kimi's POV *

I walked out the door to see everyone laughing and being happy. An emotion I haven't felt in a while.

Jack and Alex were sharing a 3 seater couch. Trying to talk to each other, as laughter interrupted their sentances.

Luke was in an old rocking chair, Kylah in his lap. She was resting her head on his chest while he had his hands on her hip, the hip that was exposed. His arms around her. Clem was on a mostly empty couch, next to them.

They both looked at her, smiling and laughing as she talked to them.

I took in all the happiness. I've never seen everyone happy at once in God knows how long.

It was perfect.

"There she is!" Alex exclaimed.

"Ayeeee!" said everyone else in the room.

I chuckled and took a spot next to Jack.

"Luke here is about to sing to us..or attempt" Jack said, chuckling at the end.

"Trust me! He CAN sing. And play the guitar..don't forget about our little bet, Jack" Kylah said, winking after.

She got off Luke's lap, grabbing the guitar we owned in the corner. She handed it to Luke and took a seat next to Clementine.

The guitar was already tuned so, Luke hovered his fingers over the guitar strings and took a breath in.

"You're just a small bump unborn, 4 months then brought to life

Might be left with my hair but, you have your mothers eyes

I'll hold your body in my hands, be as gentle as I can.."

Luke sang beautifully and the guitar tied it all together. He soon got to the choras.

"You are my one and only..

You can wrap your fingers 'round my thumb and hold me tight.."

He continued singing and I just sat there, zoned out listening to him.

Kylah had her arm around the young girl sitting next to her, she rested on Kylah's chest.

Out of no where, Jack put his arm around me.

I looked up at him, to see he was smiling at me.

"Love you, kid" he whispered, so only I could hear.

"Love you too, loser" I whispered back.

I rested my head on his chest and continued to listen to Luke.

This is amazing.

Truly amazing.