t h r e e

[E D I T E D]

KILL YOUR MIND
life is simply a mix of mayhem and magnolias, so embrace this gentle riot and gather flowers along the way.

03. Disastrous Distractions

❝THREE SHIELD AGENTS, EIGHT-O-CLOCK – no, Katherine, for fucks sake, YOUR eight-o-clock

THREE SHIELD AGENTS, EIGHT-O-CLOCK – no, Katherine, for fucks sake, YOUR eight-o-clock. See them?❞

Yeah, I see them. They aren't really hiding, are they?

Rolling her eyes, Elizabeth ignores Katherine's sarcastic quip and continues to sit on the stool of the coffee shop they were currently hiding in. Money had always been short, the girls mainly slept on the streets in between fleeing areas, but, surprisingly, Katherine was good at pick pocketing. All it took was a quick, completely accidental, stumble into a passer-by and she could have their wallet in her hand. Of course, they should both probably feel shameful for it. Of course, neither of them did. Their victims were almost always well to do businessmen which, coincidentally, was exactly how Elizabeth had gotten herself into trouble on multiple occasions as a child.

Who do you reckon they're looking for?

The two were sat next to each other on the small outside table supplied to drink their beverages. Both were avoiding direct eye contact with the men scouting the area, even as they got too close for comfort amongst the sea of New Yorkers and wore the best smiles they could muster. Elizabeth was currently wearing a baseball hat, her very hair was too recognizable to be worn down, and she was slouched down in her seat. The pair, to outside eyes, seemed like normal siblings. Every so often, one of them would laugh, or at least chuckle and shake their head in fake exasperation, but with two of the three agents now scouting around the tables beside them, they'd sobered down.

Hm, I'm fucking wondering, Katherine

Elizabeth hisses back. She hadn't meant to snap, but currently, anxiety levels were high. Fight or flight adrenaline was pumping through both of their veins and Elizabeth was only one second away from fleeing the scene altogether. Katherine laughs. She'd never taken many things seriously and this was not going to be one of them. Ever since they'd escaped together, Katherine's personality had really managed to develop, and it had been only a few days after they had fled that she assumed her role as the 'Zen' one in their friendship.

Stop getting so stressed - Jesus just calm your tits woman.

If looks could kill, Katherine would have been long gone. From her peripheral vision, she sees one of the agents staring at them intently. Elizabeth just drums her fingers on the table and takes a long sip of her drink. One leg bouncing up and down, Elizabeth does a quick survey of the area.