Chapter 13 - Coming Out

Start from the beginning

“Okay, mom, I gotta get ready to head out.”

“Alright, I’ll leave you alone. But, Josh?” I turned my head to look at her. “When can I meet these two sexy men of yours?”

I mentally laughed. It was awkward to hear my mom say that, but it was hilarious at the same time. “You can come with me to the lobby to meet them.” My mom smiled widely. I can tell she liked the idea. She didn’t say anything. She just nodded and left the room, leaving me alone to start getting ready.

I took a long-ass shower. I loved the showers here at the hotel; they’re way bigger than the ones at home, so I took my time as it would be my last for a very long time. I sat on the small sitting block of the shower to just think about what’s happened so far.

I really didn’t expect everything to turn out like this. I came to Hawai’i thinking I’ll be able to get rid of my thoughts about Trent, but instead two amazing, hot men entered my lives and now they’re fighting for me. I really didn’t understand why as there’s nothing special about me, but I appreciated the feeling of being wanted.

After the Trent incident, I was sure nobody wanted me. In fact, he was my first boyfriend because I know nobody even takes a second glance at me. I might not be the most muscular person out there, but even I have to admit that I look better than most people — and no, I’m not just being cocky.

So here’s how everything’s going to go today. I will go on that date with Brandon and Josh and will not spend any time thinking about choosing between them. I will enjoy my last hours with them and hopefully forget about them as soon as that plane lifts off the tarmac tomorrow. I’ll try my best to avoid having to answer they’re question about my choice. Worst comes to worst, I jus won’t say a thing and run away from them. Sound like a good plan? Something’s lacking, I don’t know what. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle this.

I stood back up and finished off showering. Stepping out of the shower, I went through my normal morning ritual and prepared myself to look presentable for my boys. I changed into a casual outfit that wasn’t too tight on me. Hopefully I’ll look appealing to them — not that I’m trying to seduce them or anything.

My mom came back in the room. “Mom, are you ready to meet them?”

“I’ve always been ready. I actually got bored waiting for you.”

“It’s only been an hour, you could’ve cooked breakfast for those two out there,” I pointed towards the door.

“They’re not in here. They went out for a walk.”

“Oh. Well, we have another hour to spend before they arrive.”

“Right, follow me.”

My mom led me to the living room of our villa. It felt somewhat awkward sitting down with her as I’ve never had such a direct conversation with her like this before. The mood was very serious and it was starting to scare me.

“Mom, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m just happy that you came out to me…” I sighed. “But I’m also disappointed that it took you this long to say something.”