chapter twelve :: designer bags

please listened to the song attached while reading it's gr10

--

When Josh woke up, he was surprised by the numbing feeling on his arm. He looked down, only to see a sleeping CJ. She was snoring quietly as she cuddled up to Josh.

Instead of waking her up, Josh decided to get up as quietly as possible so that he would not disturb her. He grabbed his keys and sweatshirt from her dresser and placed a soft kiss on her forehead before heading out the door. He made sure to lock it before he left.

CJ was woken up by her loud ringtone. She immediately realized how cold she was - because Josh was not next to her.

She grabbed her phone and read the contact before answering it. "Josh?"

"Hey um," Josh replied. "Sorry to wake you up, but could you unlock the door?"

"I didn't know you left." CJ lied as she stared at what was slowly becoming his side of the bed.

"I did." Josh nodded before he realized that she could not actual see him moving his head in response.

"Yeah, I'll be right there." CJ hung up and stretched, then got up and made her way to the door. She peeked through the peep hole before opening it, just to make sure it was Josh. She was stunned when she opened it.

Josh was standing there with a small bundle of flowers and a lopsided smile on his face.

"I um-" Josh took a deep breath and replanted his feet on the carpet. "I think I might really, really like you s-so I went out and got you some flowers. They're a little dead because it's really late a-and they were the last bunch from the morning stock, b-but I figured you would appreciate that anyways."

CJ only started at him - examined him and every detail. His blonde curls were disheveled from their night in. The bags under his eyes stressed how much time he spent asleep from how much time he spent staring at CJ when he was supposed to be watching the x-files.

"And y-you're not saying anything so I-I think I should get my stuff a-and go." Josh tried to push past her to avoid their awkward encounter, but CJ placed her hand on his chest to stop him.

"No," CJ looked down at where she placed her hand. It was not a particularly unusual place, but just the sensation that it send down her arm got to her. "I love them."

Josh was breathless as he looked down at her with an accomplished smile.

CJ had a feeling that Josh was going to try to kiss her again, so to avoid yet another awkward ordeal, she quickly took the flowers from him and took them over to the sink. "I-I'm gonna put these in a vase so they don't die.. even more."

"Yeah." Josh nodded and rubbed the back of his neck self consciously. When she was faced away from him, he silently scolded himself in the form of digging his knuckle into his chest with a sour look on his face.

"Thank you," CJ said as she reached up and pulled out a large cup from the cabinet. "They're really pretty."

Instead of replying, Josh simply shook his head.

"I um.." CJ could hardly speak herself. "I really appreciate it."

"Can we go back to your room?" Josh asked before he came up with an excuse. "It's.. warmer in there."