Nen in Combat

Because what would HxH be without it's beautiful battles that masterfully highlight all the different and possible levels in fighting?

This chapter leans towards the 'discussion' side rather than the 'Kanon attempts to write summaries and explanations' side because in the end, the title of this book is still Nen Discussions! And from the title of this chapter, one is allowed to conclude that this chapter is focusing around offensive Nen abilities (granted the less forwardly offensive abilities can be extremely handy in combat too).

Spoiler alert, the question at the end of this chapter will be "what do you think the best Nen ability for combat in HxH?"

Now, take note that I did not say strongest character (that would be an interesting topic though)! Otherwise Meruem, Ging, Gon-san or someone among their ranks would leave everyone else in the dust. The ability is what's being graded and we have not actually seen the abilities of some really amazing characters, like Pariston or Ging's original abilities.

To be extremely technical, Alluka, or rather, Nanika's ability is best. I mean, Nanika's ability isn't combat centered, but too bad that there ain't going to be any combat when the other person's dead. (I'm not sure wether I should refer to Wish Granting as Alluka's or Nanika's ability. I don't want to give any spoilers to anime exclusive fans but since Nanika is technically a someone else, wouldn't Alluka's ability be summoning Nanika, while Wish Granting is actually Nanika's ability?)

I think Machi and Palm have pretty tough skills to get around too. With In, Machi's threads are a nightmare and even if you used Gyo to see through it, that means you've have to keep track of all those threads and Machi herself. To top it all off, you have very little aura left to guard yourself with, hooray!

What I like about Palm's Black Widow is that her defense is solid so she can devote 100% of her concentration to attacking or figuring out a strategy. In addition, we've only seen one form of it that apparently changes according to her emotion which is pretty lit.

Of course, Chrollo's up there too! Chrollo's Skill Hunter is kind of an obvious choice. But he's not up there just because he can steal your abilities, it's because he has more than one to choose from. It's very difficult to figure out what his original ability is. And then, figuring out whatever stolen ability he's using on top of that. I would be so extremely proud of myself for learning both of them not that it matters because HE HAS ANOTHER ONE.

Does Netero even really need an explanation? I really wanted to put him on the top but in the end, I think it was Netero's long hours and months of training that really set apart the 100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva. It's amazing but I think that it's terrifying because of the speed that Netero can activate his ability. If it was owned and used by another person, I think there'd be more chances to take it down.

In the end, I grudgingly admit that I think that the best is Bungee Gum.

Why? Because my friends...

This clown is so confident in Bungee Gum which has the properties of both rubber and gum, that he has zero problems telling everyone about it

This clown is so confident in Bungee Gum which has the properties of both rubber and gum, that he has zero problems telling everyone about it. With good reason. It's so annoyingly versatile because aside from doing the obvious absorbing and reflecting attacks, Hisoka can pull all kinds of odd stuff not limited to reattaching arms and using Bungee Gum to send objects or opponents flying across the field. He can also use it on himself to evade attacks or to boost himself into an attack. What puts it up in first place is that I think it would still work pretty well even if the person using wasn't as tricky and clever as Hisoka. When combined with Texture Surprise, all the opponent is in for is a mass confusion. And a lot of pain.

SPOILER ALERT

。。。

。。。

Even though Chrollo did beat Hisoka up really good, I still like the ability Bungee Gum a little better.

。。。

。。。

COAST CLEAR

Here's the chapter question as promised!

Chapter question: Did you know that Bungee Gum has the properties of both-

Okay, seriously, what do you think is the best Nen ability for combat in HxH?