Chapter fourty two

Start from the beginning

"Shall I make you a deal, love. Maybe then you'll be a tad less bewildered." The hybrid proposed, his eyes glistening with curiosity.

"You can. Whether I accept this deal, is another thing." Ava noted as she pushed her index finger to his chest, her eyes fixed on that spot. Klaus chuckled as he took her hand that was gently placed on his ribcage, enclosing it within his own.

"Once this wretch of a witch, Dahila, has been destroyed. I will stop pushing you away." Ava's eyes were wide and doe like, her lips parted as she took in each of his words.

"Why are you telling me this?" She queried, letting her hand go limp by his touch. The hybrid stepped closer, the proximity diminished just by a step.

"Because love, you'll most likely forget by morning." He informed her, drinking in her dazed yet beautiful appearance. Ava's jaw slacked at his accusation, huffing the air out of her nostrils as they flared.

"I will not! My memory is like? What's an animal that has great memory? I'm- im like a goldfish!" Ava declared, mixing up her species and what they were known for. Klaus nodded patronisingly, a chuckle far from scarce on his lips.

"And with that notion, I think it is time to get you home." He pulled the girl onto his body, wrapping a hand around her waist as she squirmed slightly at the touch.

Within seconds of the buildings blurring and scenery changing, Ava was tucked into her own bed within the apartment. She groaned as she felt her body materialise somewhere else.

Her palm smacked against her sockets as they begged to be rubbed, and she could feel the dip in the mattress where the hybrid sat. Seizing the opportunity given to him at that point, he asked the one question he had been plagued with.

"Why do you hate using the heightened abilities, love?" He asked as the girl swung her body so her face was smothered by a pillow.

"Because..." she drawled out, her eyes clenched shut.

"Because what?" Klaus queried, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she turned her head to stare at him.

"Because, if the supernatural culture is what ruined my family. Why would I let it ruin me?" She told the man as her eye lids drooped and her body fell limp.

Klaus nodded as he rose from the bed, his stare content on the dozing girl. He had reached the threshold when she began to murmur, her eyes still clenched shut.

"Nik can you stay a little longer." She mumbled, barely coherent as she nodded off once again. The hybrid crept back into the room, more hesitant this time, and sat adjacent to her as he rested his head against the wall pressing against her bed.

Whilst still completely unconscious in her dreams, Ava turned and burrowed her head into his chest- her arm draped across his torso. He could hear the faintest giggle ripple through the air, watching a small grin get stuck on the girls lips.

"What's so funny?" He whispered, hoping to get a sleepy reply.

"You smell nice." She sleeptalked back, a small still plastered on her lips.

•••

62.8k!

I know, I've been inexcusably absent for a while. It's hard for me to explain but I feel that I need to.

Recently, how can I put this, my life has been- well -a shitstorm.

I've always had problems expressing my own emotions, that is why I started writing after all, but with my age getting older- a lot of things change. And I'm expected to bring in this guy and for him to understand something that I can't.

And I know I am just 16, still a foetus and crying away from my mothers comforting hold, but it's what is expected of me.

And there was a guy.

An amazing guy who had liked me but never told me, until this year. And I never realised it, but I did like him too. But because I couldn't explain to him how I felt, because I myself couldn't distinguish the strength of my feelings.

He ended up finding someone who could.
And that hurt me.

And I'm sorry that it affected my writing. I couldn't bring myself to post when, I found so many similarities between my own situations to my fictional characters. That is no excuse of course, and I don't know how many times I can say sorry before you all get annoyed.

But thank you, for being here for me to finally spout some of my issues. And I might publish some of my own poems that I find as another way to spout.
Would you check em out?

Purely because I've over spoken, I will put the shout outs on the chapter previous to this, as I don't want to extend this chapter too much.

Please vote, comment and add to those reading lists.

I love you all

Thank you for reading

Goodbye X