xix. // champion;

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Ryan could sense Derek. She whipped around and there he was.

"We need to talk," Derek said.

"All of us," a man that was unfamiliar to Ryan.

Scott must have known him and he must have been bad news because he said," Holy shit. What the hell is this?"

"You know, Ryan and I thought the same thing when we saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station," Derek said matter of factly.

Ryan turned to Scott," Yea, what the hell was that?"

"Okay, hold on. He threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him! What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm going to have to got with Scott on this one," the mystery man said," Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

Shut up," Derek and Scott yelled at the same time. Ryan just rolled her eyes.

"And who is he supposed to be," Ryan pointed to the man.

"He's Peter. Derek's uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, then was set him on fire and Derek slashed his throat."

"Hi," Peter waved to Ryan and Isaac.

Isaac titled his head," Good to know."

"Damn, I miss all he fun don't I," Ryan said sarcastically.

"How is he alive," Scott asked.

"Short version," Derek said," He knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him."

"Oh my god, you don't know," Ryan said and Derek looked at her confused.

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead," Isaac explained.

"What?"

"Yea, Jackson's dead," Scott said," It just happened on the field."

Isaac looked around at everyone's shocked, confused faces. "Why is no one taking this as good news?"

"Because if Jackson is dead," Peter began," It didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen."

"But why?"

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

Peter led the group to the old Hale house. The alpha and the three betas watched him as he looked around for something. Hopefully, something that could help them stop Gerard.

Scott checked his phone," They found Stiles," he told Isaac and Ryan. Ryan let out a big sigh of relief. She was so happy her spastic friend was okay.

"Look, I told you," Derek said to Peter," I looked everywhere.

Peter was on the stairs lifting one on the boards," You didn't look here." He pulled out a dusty old computer.

"Is that a book," Derek asked.

"No," Peter said," It's a laptop. What century are you in?" Ryan couldn't hold back a snicker. "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only ones that keep records."