The Damaged are the Wiser

A good friend of mine once told me a story she heard when she was a child.

Whenever someone you live dearly passes away, they become a star in the sky, watching over you every day and never leaving. When they are closest to you, they shine bright, you can not feel them, the are dim. But they are always there.

Now, everytime i look up at the starry night sky from our messed up world. I am envious of those in the sky. They are always there for people and do not expecr anything in return, yes they cant exactly get anything back, but how do they deal with us. The human race is a greedy, manipulative place. Nowadays, helping someone else usually gets you hurt in the process as well. But the broken people, we are strong, and we can be kind when we feel strong, and most of us end up helping people with their brokenness and their problems, that we dont realize that they are tearing us while we are patching them up. But thats the point isnt it? To not listen to our broken hearts still beating, or our chests rising with everh breath? We dont want them to end up like us. Broken and unrepairable. We help others in hope that it will lesson our pain or provide us obliviousness to it, but it is only making it worse. We are told the truth and darkest secrets that make our chest weigh down in pain that it physically hurts us. Yet, we dont stop. We go on to the next person and the next. And our friends are no different. They are oblivious to our hearts breaking and just seem to crack it more with the fake "I love yous" or "Im always here for you". We carry peoples burdens so they dont have too and our friends just add to the weight. And no one realizes when we slowly start to sink, they just add and add, untill you are six feet under. By then, its too late. No I love you from someone you thought was your bestfriend will bring you back. No tears running down aquaintences faces will make you awake. As much as we try to fix our wounds by poking at the scab or always keeping it covered by a bandage, it never goes back to the way it was. It just depends on you, if the wound heals differently or just gets worse. Sometimes, we just dont realize it untill its too late.

"The lonliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."
-Anonymous

Broken Beyond RepairOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara