The Truth Comes Out

Inside, Odin held Loki's helmet and was about to cast it into the fire. Sif ran over and snatched the golden horned helmet from the king's hands. "Not only do you lie, but you act like he was nothing! I agree with you, Loki was an awful person, but I know that somewhere, deep down, you loved him. But, even if you didn't, that doesn't give you the right to just erase any memory of him." Sif yelled, glaring deeply into Odin's eyes. For a quick moment, Sif saw them flash with guilt, though it disappeared faster than it arrived. Where that guilt had been, it was now being replaced with anger. 

"Get out! How dare you talk to me about what I have the right to do. The last time I checked, I was the king and what are you? A silly little girl who thinks she can stand up to me?" Odin spat. Sif held her glare before bending down to grab her sword and leaving without a bow. Guards came rushing in after hearing the screaming, but Sif simply walked past them, not making eye contact.

Outside of the castle, the people of Asgard were preparing for the festival that was to start any moment now. Sif felt a hand grasp her shoulder, causing her to whip around and hold her sword to whoever's throat. She relaxed and lowered her weapon when she saw the surprised face of Fandral.

"Sif, we've been looking everywhere for you...again." Fandral exclaimed with a slight hint of annoyance. "You need to explain where you keep wandering off to and how you got back here. Not to mention, we're supposed to ride in for the festival in about twenty minutes."

Sif sighed, "I can't tell you. I'm sorry, I've just had a very...interesting couple of hours." As they began walking to the stables, Sif tried to change the subject as best as she could. "So, did you and the others find anything on Svartlfheim."

Fandral still seemed annoyed, but he shook his head, dropping the conversation. "We did not, and I presume neither did you."

Sif tensed and found herself lying once again, " Nope. I'm telling you, Odin is hiding something and I'm going to get to the bottom of it."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the Warriors Three and Sif participated in the festival, the four friends went back to the castle for a feast. Sif hardly ate a thing, which caused a few estranged looks from Fandral, but whenever she caught him looking at her, Sif would glare right back. So, Fandral eventually quit and began to do what he did best, flirt. He had at least four women all trying to gain his attention, which Sif couldn't help but laugh at. Volstagg was of course chowing down on a plate piled high with various meats and vegetables. Hogun was having a quiet conversation with another warrior who sat beside him and Thor was simply eating, not really doing anything interesting. 

Sif sighed and poked at her food. Next thing she knew, the dining hall was almost empty and all her friends were nowhere to be seen. Sif stood and started to make her way back home to get some well-deserved rest. Once she reached her door, Sif eagerly opened it and nearly jumped out of her skin when she realized that she had guest, who was none other than the God of Thunder. "Thor, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you, of course." He smiled and walked over to Sif, who shut her door behind her. "I realized that I was wrong, I want to be with you Sif. In a few years, the mortal will already have gotten old and well, I just think you're even better than her. Me and you, we were always destined to be with one another." Thor stroked Sif's cheek, sending shivers up her spine.

It felt good, but Sif moved his hand away from her face."You're drunk," she stated. The stench of alcohol coming from his mouth was almost overwhelming. 

"Does it matter?" Thor asked, then he began to kiss the warrioress. At first, Sif tried pushing him away. Although, she deemed it pointless, as he was much stronger than her. Not to mention, as much as she hated to admit it, Sif was very much enjoying the situation. 

Sif began kissing Thor back and running her fingers through his long, blonde hair, her eyes shut. Thor placed his own hands on the bottom of her cheek. But then, Sif felt something change, his hands seemed to shrink. She opened her eyes and screamed. The man was no longer Thor, but Loki. 

"I thought you missed me Sif?" Loki asked, clearly hurt. 

"I-I thought you were dead." She gasped and wiped off her mouth. 

Loki sighed, "Clearly not."

Sif stepped back, "Have you been Thor this whole time?" 

The raven-haired prince smirked,"Of course not. I've been someone far more entertaining." Sif stared blankly at him, causing him to roll his green eyes. "I'm offended, yet quite impressed with myself that you didn't notice sooner. You have no right," He mocked.

Sif's eyes widened, "Odin! What have you done with him and why?" 

"I can't tell you that information, but I will say, it keeps things interesting," Loki admitted. "Now, where were we?" he asked coming over to her and wrapping his arms around Sif's waist.

"Ugh! Get off me you pig!" Sif snarled and forced him away, then she narrowed her eyes, "You're an idiot for telling me everything. I know you won't kill me, so how do you know I won't tell anyone?"

Loki snickered, "Oh I'm counting on you doing so. Odin's already told the guards to keep an eye on Little Miss Sif as he believes she has maybe begun plotting against him. Anything you say, will only offer you a one way ticket to the prison for treason." 

"You're pure evil!" Sif screeched, putting her hand up to slap Loki, although before making contact with his face, Loki grabbed her hand and kissed it softly. Sif was tempted to yank it away, though he let go before she could even try.

"Well, I must being going. I hope to continue our little rendezvous sometime soon, Lady Sif." Loki smiled, then transformed back into Odin and left.

Author's Note : Oh snap, Sif finally knows Loki's posing as Odin. I'm going to start putting these author's note on the chapters, I meant to earlier, but I kept forgetting! Aw well, do you guys like it so far?