Jotenheim

While at first the group, excluding Thor, was shocked at Sif's suggestion, that shock was soon replaced with confusion. "Don't tell me Loki cheated death once again?" Fandral asked lightly.

Sif looked at her feet for a moment before responding, "Well, to start, he did not die in Svartalfheim. He posed as Odin up until the attack." She took a breath and continued, "Although, we were ambushed in the palace, so Loki stayed behind to fight them off as I went to look for you all. I truly did think he was dead, but I had a dream and I know that's not much to go off of, though I do believe we should trust it."

Heimdall looked thoughtful, then went into a sort of trance, his amber eyes hidden beneath his eyelids. "I cannot see him. Well, I cannot see Jotunheim at all. Someone must be cloaking my vision." He blinked and gazed upon the many faces of their group. "The only person I knew who possessed that kind of power was Loki."

"Wait, do you think he is responsible for this?" Sif demanded incredulously. "I was with him before this all happened and he seemed truly frightened. Plus, that Jotun," she pointed to the decapitated corpse beside her and continued, "said nothing about him, only Tyres."

The guardian shrugged, "It could have been lying. Not to mention, you cut of its head before it could mutter another word."

Sif groaned with a roll of her eyes. "You know what? I have no time for this. I'm going to Jotunheim whether you all are against it or not."

Heimdall grasped her arm before Sif could walk away. "Actually, no you can't. You need me to operate the Bifrost." Sif's shoulders slumped. "But, I never said I would not help you. Something suspicious is going on on Jotunheim and either way, we are no safer here than we are there."

Next thing they knew, the Asgardians found themselves trekking across the glorious rainbow bridge to the Bifrost. "Why is it not guarded?" Thor wondered aloud, motioning towards the golden structure's entrance.

"There would be no need. Earlier today, I had been held captive by the Frost Giants.The Warriors Three had broken me out not but five minutes before we came across you two," Heimdall informed them. He grabbed his sword by its hilt and pulled it from his belt, then inserted it into lock, making the Bifrost spring to life.

Before everyone entered the multicolored portal, Sif turned back to her adoptive brother and asked, "What about you. I am certain they will search for you here."

"As am I. I will hide and if need be, I'm fully capable of defending myself." He flashed a pearly smile before waving them off, "Now hurry on, they'll be here any moment."

She nodded and stepped inside the transporting funnel along with the others. At once, Sif could feel the force of gravity pulling her tightly down to the white tundra below. She made sure to brace herself for the impact, knowing that even after traveling through the Bifrost countless times, if you weren't careful, the collision could get you severely injured. The mark of the Bifrost now etched into the ice, the group all started their trek into the frozen wasteland of Jotunheim.

They walked for what seemed like hours, not coming across a single soul. The group was ready to turn around and head back when the ground began to tremble. Sif's eyes widened."Run!" she screamed. They all broke out into a sprint, even Volstagg, with all his girth was able to keep pace with the more in shape warriors, although Sif was in the lead. The land they were traveling on began to crack and the walls icy walls started to shower sharp bits of stone and snow.

Sif didn't look back, she just kept running, wanting nothing more than to find Loki and end this nightmare. The cold began to nip at the warrioress' face, causing burning tears to spill down her cheeks. Finally, she skidded to a halt when Sif heard the screaming of her comrades. A large boulder had fallen onto Hogun, trapping him beneath its weight and Volstagg had been stabbed by what looked to be an icicle.

Sif ran towards them, but came skidding to a halt when she found that she was separated from her friends by a gigantic, chasm-like whole in the ground. "Thor!" she called, hoping her friend would fly her over to their aid. Fandral, who was kneeling beside Volstagg attempting to pull the icicle from his rib cage, stood and said something to Thor that was inaudible. Thor looked as if he were about to argue, but Fandral cut him off. The two then proceeded to lift the rock from Hogun and remove the object impaling Volstagg. Then, Thor flew over the gap to meet Sif. "What did Fandral say?" she asked.

"He advised me to accompany you on the journey to find Loki, while he attended to Hogun and Volstagg's wounds. I told him that was madness, but he insisted." Thor exclaimed, his disagreement towards the suggestion clear. Sif frowned, she knew there was nothing she could possibly do, so she told Thor. Rather than saying a yes or no, he simply stalked forward, not looking back at Fandral and the others. Sif followed slowly, trudging behind watching him make deep imprints in the snow.

Sif could tell nighttime was approaching. She lifted her head to suggest stopping, although instead she walked straight into the huge mass that was Thor. "What are you doing?" she demanded, as she steadied herself. When he didn't reply, Sif stepped over to examine his expression. His sky blue eyes were transfixed ahead. Part of her did not want to turn around to see whatever held his gaze as she could tell it was something awful, but her curiosity got the best of her.

Then, she saw him. Loki was strung up to a boulder, looking more like a rag doll than anything else. His dark hair was matted, his clothes torn to shreds. Below him, a pool of scarlet stained the frost. Sif nearly fell to her knees in anguish. Now, she knew why Thor had looked so heartbroken. Rather than letting her legs give way, Sif sprung at him. "Loki!" she cried out, sounding more desperate than she even knew possible.

As she stood at the foot of the large rock, Sif nearly tripped on the crimson liquid below, though she was too distracted to even notice. Pulling out her knife, Sif clawed herself up and cut of the ropes that bound him. Loki's body began to fall to the ground, but Sif caught him before a single hair could touch the ice. She knelt down, cradling the prince in her arms. "Sif?" Loki's eyes fluttered open.

Sif put her hands to his face and she smiled as a single tear escaped down her cheek, "I'm here." As she looked him up and down, Sif almost let out a cry. On his chest, the word, Traitor, had been carved deep into his pale flesh, just as it had been in her dream. Blood was spilling like a stream from each individual letter onto Sif's leathers, though she paid no attention. "You're safe..." Sif whispered, holding his head tightly to her chest.

Loki could feel himself slipping back into unconsciousness, even as he fought hard to stay awake. She had come for him. She was here, now. She cared. His frozen, blue lips curved into a smile before he let sleep take over his body once again.

Author's Note: Alrighty, like I promised they went to Jotunheim! So, Loki's back, but they can't just find him just like that, can they? (Who knows? I surely don't.) Anyway, on last chapter I thanked you guys for 300 reads and just 3 days later it reached 400! So I want to thank you guys so much for reading and sticking with me this far!