One.

Zay'dira Larsen

                "Wake upppp!!! Wake the fuck upppp! Wake up. Wake up...Bitch now I know you heard me. WAKE UP HO—" I hurriedly slide my finger across my screen to turn the alarm off.

Yes, my alarm.

I sat up in my bed and stretched before slipping my feet into my slides, heading into my bathroom. It was only 5:39 a.m., and I have 25 more minutes before getting my life together. I washed my face and put on my daily face mask before brushing my teeth. I let my water run so I can hop lean into the tub after I'm done. Once I was finished, I quickly scrubbed my face and got into the shower.

Today was a big day. It was the 1st day of school and honestly I was excited. I done save enough money from working at my parents Catering Business to afford me a red Nissan Sentra 2014. It wasn't the best but it was for me, since it was definitely my first car and I paid for it.

"HURRY THE FUCK UP HO!" I heard my alarm from the other room, meaning I was running out of time for getting ready.

I quickly dried off and wrapped my towel around myself before entering my room. "What to wear?"

After 5 minutes of looking I finally found a decent outfit. Some light blue jeggings that held my little hips and plump ample cheeks, with a half cut yellow Thrasher jacket and yellow converse with red flames Thanks to Renee.

"Okay bitch. Are you ready now? Cause it's time...." My alarm sounded and I frowned into the mirror because I've had yet to put on my lashes or lipgloss.

"Fuck my life..."

                 I ran down the stairs of our two story house into the kitchen to grab a granola bar, banana, and a Powerade. I quickly tried to rush out the door when my mother appeared out the top of the stairs.

"Dira? Pouki sa w ap kite soti pou ta?"
Dira? Why are you leaving out so late? My mother asked in Haitian Creole, one of languages she taught me as she reached the bottom of the stairs, wrapping her robe.

I swallowed my saliva that was building up. It was only 6:40, which isn't late but growing up with Trinidadian parents, everything has to be perfect and before time. They believe in getting a head start and it's always been just that, which is why their business always was thriving. They gave good service and was always before the time they was asked.

" I was on my way now." I spoke lowly, scared of her reaction.

She looked over at me and sucked her teeth.
"Prese ansanm, mwen pi bon pa jwenn yon apèl li di ou nan nenpòt ki nan klas ou an reta."
Hurry along, I better not get a call saying your at any of your classes late.

I blowed a quick breath of relief before rushing to twist the door knob, "Okay."

"Zay'dira ou pi bon pa bezwen anreta nan pati sa a. Nou bezwen ou ede mete kanpe." And Zay'dira you better not be late at that party. We need you to help set up.

I nodded my head before finally walking out to my red baby. I smiled before getting in, turning my air on. Before I begin backing up out the street, my Bluetooth connected and the ringing boomed into the car. I continued to back out the driveway onto the street and answered my incoming phone call on the steering wheel.