That "Diane" Girl

I wake up to the sound of an alarm going off. It's not mine, but it sure is annoying.

"Marcus!" I hiss. I punch him in the arm and tell him to turn off his alarm.

"Huh?" He asks. "What?"

"Oh come on!" I mutter, as I crawl over him and do it myself.

"Oh," he says, obviously still not completely awake.

"What the hell!" I lift the sheets off him. "Fix your alarm! You woke me up!"

I get back to bed and wait for Marcus to leave before trying to fall asleep. This day is off to a bad start, but at least it's Friday.

**4 Hours Later**

"Dr. Griffin, please pull up patient reports for John Murphy," orders Dr. Jaha.

"Yes sir I am on it," I reply. I trot over to the computer and get to work.

I search for the reports for a few minutes but no avail. I walk back to Jaha's office. "Sir, there are no reports for such a name."

"Don't worry, it's a fake name," I hear someone say. I turn my head to face Raven Reyes, the best coworker ever.

"Hey Raven, good morning," I greet her. "Are you sure it's a fake name?"

"Positive. I found this in his wallet." She shows me a driver's license with the name Bellamy Blake. "It matches," Raven tells me.

"Alright," I nod. "I'll look for Mr. Blake." I turn on my heel and head back to the patient records center.

But I end up passing by my husband, Marcus.

I look for an empty room to hide in, but I'm too slow.

"Hey Abby!" Marcus calls for me.

"Hi Marcus. What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Just finished up a surgery. And now that we are both at Arkadia General, I can see you whenever I want!" He smiles.

I roll my eyes. "Marcus, I am really not in the mood."

"I just wanted to know if you could pick up Clarke, please?" Marcus asks me.

"Oh..." I complain. "But I'll have to ask Jaha..."

"Please? Because one of the residents really needs a ride home and I already volunteered, so..."

"Fine." I agreed reluctantly.

"Thank you so much," his face lights up. "See you at 5."

"Sure," I tell him sarcastically.

I know why Marcus wants to give the resident a ride home. He usually hates all the residents and interns, but there's something different about this one. Probably because he thinks she's cute. I know Marcus doesn't have the guts to make a real move on her, but it still annoys me that I have to go out of my way for him.

**7 Hours Later**

I throw the keys on the table by the door and tell Clarke to take her shoes off. The whole house smells like lasagna.

"Oh, Marcus!" yells an unrecognizable voice.

"What was that?" I ask Clarke.

She shrugs and scurries off to her room. I go upstairs and walk into the kitchen.

I see Marcus washing dishes and Diane is sitting on the kitchen counter. I clench my fists in anger. Marble is expensive, and she has no right to sit on it.

"Marcus? What's going on?" I query.

Diane gets off the table and stands up straight, at attention. "Hi, Abigail. I'm Diane Seymour."