Chapter Twenty-One: Clothes

Wow, is this an update? Haha, sorry it's so late, hopefully I'll also have the next chapter done later this day...I didn't know what to do for this chapter so it was really hard XD

Chapter Twenty-One

Dhairya's P.O.V.

"Dhairya? We should go get your clothes soon, but I really don't want to, so I'm just going to buy you new clothes. We can go shopping tomorrow, okay?"

I gasped. I couldn't let Kaelen do that. That would be way too much money. He couldn't spend that much on me, it would be a waste.

"Oh yeah, before you say no, it's our date. So, you have to come with me, okay?"

"I want to go on a date with you! I really do! But, I can't let you spend all that money on me! I can get a job and pay for my own clothes!"

"You want to get a job?"

"Yes! Please?"

Kaelen's mouth slowly turned into a grin and he patted my head. I was confused. Why would he smile about me wanting a job?

"Luckily for you, Dhairya, I need a secretary. How about you let me buy your clothes today, and then you'll just work for me? Fair?"

I nodded. That should be fair, right? I mean, I'm working for him, and if he does try and pay me...I'll just put all the money back into his account. That way, I'll pay off everything he pays for me today.

"Okay.."
--------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to Hollister, please contact one of our staff if you have any questions."

I grinned nervously at the person at the door and scooted a bit closer to Kaelen. His stare was a bit scary, just like my dad's stare. Kaelen looked down at me and gave me a smile that somehow made my tummy feel all warm. I smiled back and he grabbed my hand, pointing to a wall full of jeans.

I don't think I'll ever say it out loud, but I really liked Kaelen's hands. They were big enough to the point that when he closed his hands around me, they enveloped mine completely. His hands were a home to my own, and that sort of scared me. I had never depended on someone so much as I am depending on him.

I felt a tug on my hand and I looked up to see Kaelen's worried face. He looked a bit relieved that I looked up at him. Was I not being responsive?

"Dhairya..I think that you're starting to have a problem with spacing out. But that's okay because you're cute either way!"

I felt a blush creep up my face and Kaelen continued cooing at me. My blush continued to grow darker and darker and I finally tried glaring at him. That only seemed to make Kaelen chuckle and I pouted. It wasn't fair. How come I wasn't scary when I glared, but it seems as if everyone else is?

"So cute! Come on, choose some jeans so that we can move on to the next clothing pieces that you need!"

"But I don't need a lot of clothes. I just need a few outfits, that's all..."

Kaelen stared at me in shock and I frowned. He looked at me as if I had grown twelve heads and started breathing fire. I hadn't said anything weird, right?

"No! I'm going to buy you all the clothes in this store if you don't hurry up and choose! A few outfits? How could you live on a few outfits?"

I stared at him and he sighed before picking eight pairs of jeans and walking away, still holding my hand. As we were walking through the store, I saw a shirt that I kind of liked. It was white and the cuffs were golden. The front was splashed with color creatively and it amazed me.

"Come on, Dhairya! Let's get the shirt!"

I quickly shook my head. Kaelen was pointing at the shirt that had captivated me, but that one shirt looked as if it costed more than my entire outfit. Kaelen frowned at me and sighed, nodding. I felt bad, as if I had made him disappointed. He walked away without holding my hand this time, and I meekly followed.

We passed by a shirt that looked nice, and cheap. I liked it. It was simple, so I tugged Kaelen's hands shyly, pointing at the shirt. He smiled at me and grabbed the shirt, holding it up to my chest. It was a pretty purple that had green lettering on the left breast pocket that read 'You don't have to be a teacher to teach, or a student to learn.'

Kaelen smiled at me and I smiled back. He gave me a thumbs up, indicating that the shirt was good, and I giggled at his gesture. He folded the shirt over his arm and we continued walking with Kaelen leading the way. We reached an entire wall of solid-colored T-shirts and long sleeves.

"Dhairya, choose out three colors that you really like. We can just buy those three colors right now. We'll definitely need more solid colors for you in the future though, so we can just come back!"

"I want white!"

White is a must in the world of clothes and colors. Without white, there really wouldn't be many colors. There would be brown, and black. White allows the colors to shine on its own and enhances each and every one of them. So, white was a must have.

"Of course, white. Two more!"

"I want...green and gray!"

Kaelen chuckled and brought down two T-shirts and two long sleeves of each color that I chose before folding them over his arm. He grabbed onto my hand again and held it tightly before pulling me to a wall full of flannels. I sighed when Kaelen looked at me expectantly.

He wanted me to choose the clothes that I wanted, but he didn't understand that I felt bad making him buy all these clothes for me. I can't see it from his side, but from mine, it was extremely worthless. All these clothes for me were useless, I really only needed a few outfits.

I pointed at the red flannel anyway, knowing that it was making him happy. He held up three fingers and I sighed before pointing at a blue flannel, understanding that it was going to be a long day...