Chapter Eight: Breakfast Argument

A/N So, tbh I've been stocking up on chapters just in case I don't have any for you for that week and I am sad to say but this is my last stockpiled chapter. Chapters will probably be updated weirdly. Also, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, LOVES! Although I don't got a valentine, lol. #singleawarnessday

Chapter 8

Kaelen's P.O.V.

"Oh, honey. By the way, Darren is here. He came back a little bit before you and ran into his room. He locked himself in and won't tell us what's wrong. Will you go and try to talk some sense into him for me, please?"

"I'll see what I can do, Ma. Although, I'm not too sure I can do much more than you can."

The truth was, I knew Darren was most likely not in his room. He was my little brother, so I knew him more than anyone else. Whenever it was dark and scary, he would always come to my room, crying. When he got lonely, he went into my room. When it was a sad time, he would come and cuddle with my blankets. I'm pretty sure after a while, I would know if he was in his room or not.

I mean, he usually went to my room to make life-changing decisions, or to just be there. That made me happy, it meant that he needed me in his life. And what big brother didn't want that to be him? Unless you were a big dickhead.

I quickly walked to my old room and opened the door. There sat my little brother, criss-crossed and bundled in one of my old blankets. His eyes were red and puffy, indicating that he cried. HIs brown hair was ruffled and... I don't know. He just looked like a complete mess. He also seemed to be watching a movie on Netflix and seemed to enjoy it.

I lightly knocked on the door and he looked over with wide, shocked eyes.

"Hey, you got here before me and you didn't come down to say hi?"

I smirked and Darren stood up, letting the blanket fall to his ankles. His eyes teared up and he jumped off the bed into my arms, sniffling quietly. I patted his head and cooed softly. He rubbed his head into my chest and started sniffing it.

"I haven't seen you in forever! How come you didn't come and visit me, you stupid big brother?! I missed you so much!"

"Haha, sorry, sorry. I was busy doing something for the company. Come on, sit back down. Let's have a talk."

"About what?"

"Anything we feel like. Whatever we want."

"Can we talk about your mates? Wait, you have found your mate, right? I mean, judging from the new and not completely disgusting smell on your clothes, you found her, right?"

"No, it's a he. And, oh my gosh! He's so cute!"

Darren stared at me in shock and I sat in shock. Dude, I can't even believe that I had said that! Since when the hell did I ever use the words 'oh my gosh' and 'cute'? Never, that's when. What the hell is happening to me? Darren knocked me out of my stupor with his giggles. Hm... I wonder how my Angel's giggles would sound. Pretty sure it would be beautiful.

"What about his name? Do you know it? Do you know where you came from? What about his birthday? And his favorite color? Where and how did you meet?"

"Slow down, goddess. Okay, yes I know his name. It's amazing! Dhairya. He came from Arizona, bless that state for giving me a beautiful as fuck mate. Oh my goddess, I also went there once and it was amazing. The Grand Canyon was awesome, you should take a helicopter above it one day. His birthday is on December 18th and his favorite colors are forest green and light turquoise. Oh yeah, we met just today but I'm gonna tell you right now. He's is the most beautiful thing ever!"