Chapter Five: Notebook and Pen

Dhairya's P.O.V.

I sat down on a chair and looked at the person across from me. He was so well-dressed and good-looking that I felt so inferior sitting in the same table as him. He sat with authority and that made his features pop, making everything look a bit sharper.

His dark brown hair was slicked back and gelled to keep it there. He had pretty, clear blue eyes that were pretty intense. He wore a serious expression with his lips turned slightly downward, making them look a bit pouty. He was super tall, like taller than my dad tall. And my dad was 6'0". He was so handsome and the fact that I thought that, scared me, so much.

One thing that was weird about him was that he was staring right at me with a weird look. It was super weird. Hehehe. It was weird that a weird man was looking at me with a weird look. I'm so weird.

"Hello George, Dhairya."

I looked up quickly and waved 'hello' at him before looking down again. I have a challenge for myself, I was going to try and engrave his features into my mind. I think I got it down pretty good right now. I lowered myself into the chair even more when I felt his stare on me. Of course. I'll always get disapproving stares. I worthless, after all, right?

"Dhairya, you look really young. How old are you?"

"Oh, yes. He's 17. He will turn 18 next month."

"I asked Dhairya. Can he not talk for himself?"

I blushed and shook my head. Wait, am I lying? I mean, I technically can talk, I didn't lose my voice or anything. No, I can't talk because I'm bound by the promise, so I'm not lying, am I?

"Well, George, you should get to work. I will continue getting to know your son. This will help me understand your true personality."

"Yessir."

My father shot me a look before briskly walking out of the room. Of course he would do that. He wants me to get on the big boss' good side. After the door closed, the man sighed and put his forehead in his palm and sighed.

"Man, I thought he would never leave."

I giggled and the man jumped a little. I think I forgot that I was here. Looks like my father stresses him out a lot. He settled down and waved at me with a sheepish smile. I stuck my hand up and wiggled my fingers a little.

"Hello again. Come on. We can go to my office instead. The chairs in there are a whole lot more comfortable, and we can get some privacy in there. Although, I guess the break room is pretty empty right now."

I nodded and he stood up. He outstretched his hand, offering it to me. And of course, that was when things started going in the wrong direction.

Instead of his hands, I saw my father's hands, reaching out to give me my punishment, the very first time. It was one of the worst days in my entire life and that day scared me to death, no matter how many dreams I have had of it.

"You little bitch! Come here!"

"Yes, Daddy?"

A slap to the face.

"I told you to never talk again!"

A kick to the leg.

"Your mother definitely won't!"

A kick to my head. A hit to my face. Whimpers.

"How about this? If you want to use your voice so much, how about you use it in bed?"

A rip of my clothes. A pull on his pants...

"Dhairya! Hey, hey! Are you ok?"

I looked up and saw that the man had his hand on my cheek, wiping away the tears that were streaming down my face without me noticing. He looked worried and his eyes clearly reflected that. The door opened and he tucked my head into his chest, stopping the shaking that I apparently also hadn't noticed that I was doing.

His chest was hard, but warm and snuggly-like at the same time. I don't think that chests with a hard texture as his does that. I let out a sigh and buried my face deeper into his chest on an impulse. I heard a deep chuckle and my cheeks grew hot. He put his chin on my head, allowing me to take a whiff of his smell.

He smelled really good. His scent had pine and wildflowers. The smell of fresh water also clung to him and they mixed together really well. It was heavenly. I wonder if he spends a lot of time outside.

"Oh, right. I never noticed. I never introduced myself, did I? I'm Kaelen, nice to meet you. Now since everybody is all good, let us continue to my office."

I moved my head to look at him, forcing him to take off his head as well. I stared at him and nodded. This time, instead of freaking out when he offered his arm, I took it gratefully. We walked down the hallway, stopping when a woman came up to us.

She was wearing a black, lacy undershirt with a white suit jacket hugging right below her bust. A tight skirt hugged her waist and she had her yellow hair sleek and straight. The ends curved inwards just a bit and her lips were adorned in bright red lipstick. The same lips that were curved in what was supposed to be a sexy smirk... I think.

"Hey, babe. Who is this?"

"I thought I fired you."

"You did. I'm just here on an internship. All so I could be nearer to you, Kaelen."

Her husky voice made me cower back behind Kaelen. Which was also very weird. Why did I look to a guy I met around 10 minutes ago for comfort? All I knew about him was that he was a big boss for the company and my father needed to get on his good side, badly.

"Ok, and now, as your boss, technically, I am telling you to scram and leave me alone."

"Awww... But you and I both know that you want me..."

"Who is giving you this internship? I need to talk to him."

"Don't even think about it. He is human, o mighty Kaelen."

Human? What does that mean? Does it mean that Kaelen isn't human? Or does it mean that the person is only human and he makes mistakes, too? Dang it. Why am I so curious today?

"Come on, let's go, Dhairya."

He briskly walked past her and I scurried to follow him. As we walked by the woman, she leaned and whispered...

"Watch your back..."
------------------------------------
"Here."

I stared at the notebook and pen in Kaelen's hand, curious. He looked up to see my face and a smile spread on his face.

"You can use sign language, I'm sure. But, I can't use it yet, so we can use these to communicate instead. You don't like it?"

I took the notebook and the pen and stared at them a little bit more. They were so beautiful. The notebook was leatherbound and closed with a little magnet thing. The pen was silver and had the most intricate designs on it. They were just so beautiful.

'Thank you so much.'

"You're welcome. Do you like it?"

'Yes, it's so wonderful! The pen writes so smooth and the notebook is so beautiful!'

"Good, because it is now yours."

'I can't! They must have been expensive!'

"It's fine. Take them. Think of it as a 'Welcome' present."

'Ugh... Alright. You won't budge anyways, will you?'

"Nope."

'I knew it. Why is there a bed in here?'

"Oh, that's just my bed to sleep on if I ever have to stay late. It's very sturdy."

'Oh..'

"Wanna try its sturdiness?"