#73: He surprises you for your anniversary

Start from the beginning

Calum: A smile made an appearance on your face upon seeing the setup in Calum's backyard. There was a blanket laid down on the ground, along with a picnic basket and some plates, forks, spoons and glasses. You weren't expecting anything like this from him at all, because Calum wasn't into those cheesy kind of surprises but you definitely were. You wrapped your arms around your neck and giggled into his chest, and you felt his muscular arms snake around your waist, "Thank you so much," His lips found their place on the top of your head, and you could feel his heartbeat against his chest. You pulled away soon after and plopped down on the blanket, with him chuckling as he took out the food placed inside the picnic basket. He took out plates of Hawaiian pizza, spaghetti with meatballs and one litre of Mountain Dew from the basket, placing them onto the ground with a huge smile. He places a slice of pizza onto my plate, and begins to twirl the spaghetti with his fork. He offered the fork with spaghetti out to you, and you felt your face flush as you took the fork into your mouth, chewing on the spaghetti soon as he pulls the fork out of your mouth. "You know, I could feed myself," you said, after swallowing the food. The crinkles by his eyes made an appearance as he let out a laugh, and he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, "But I wanted to feed you so it would appear much more romantic," This caused his cheeks to turn light pink in color, and you leaned forward to place a kiss on his nose. "Thank you Calum, you're the best boyfriend anyone could ever have," You whispered, and you tilted your head to kiss him when you felt something wet trickle down on your arm. You pulled away and glanced at your arm, only for another to trickle down your cheek. You looked up and gasped when rain began to pour down suddenly on you, and you began to laugh, shaking your head. "It fucking rained," you heard Calum groan, but you stood up and took your hands in yours, dragging him up as well. You laughed even harder as he took a bow, glancing up at you from behind his lashes, "May I have this dance milady?" He asked, his eyebrows wiggling as he did. You curtsied at him, a smirk playing on your lips as you nodded, "My dear sir, I thought you'd never ask!" You began to waltz around the yard in the pouring rain, laughing at your lameness and weirdness - but you didn't really care, this is why you love Calum. His weirdness was the best thing about him, and dancing in the rain is actually pretty romantic if you do say so yourself. You began to run from him soon afterwards, and he began to chase you around the rain, not even caring if the both of you were already soaking wet by now. He caught up with you, wrapping his arms around you as he spun you around, placing his forehead against yours as he breathed heavily. "I love you so much," he says, before catching your lips with his.

Luke: "Just go to the park right now please," Luke's pleading voice tells you from the other line. You heaved out a breath, rubbing your temples with your fingers as you closed your eyes. "Do I really have to?" You asked him, furrowing your brows as your eyes fluttered open. "Yes please, it's really important," he says, and another sigh escapes your lips. "Fine, I'm on my way," you grunted, hanging up on your boyfriend. You rubbed your hands on your face, trying to shake off the grogginess because Luke literally woke you up by calling you - it doesn't help to have Dear Maria Count Me In as his ringtone as well. And it doesn't help cause your phone was right beside your face when you slept, so it made you deaf for about a minute before you picked it up. You rolled off the bed, preparing yourself so that you finally began to walk to the park. You didn't know why Luke called you up at seven in the morning to tell you to come to the park, you asked him but he just wouldn't tell you. Something was definitely up, he knew just how much you hated being woken up earlier than nine in the morning. Once you made it to the park, you were surprised to see that there were boys holding roses lining up on the pathway to the park. "What is this?" You mumbled, as you began to walk on the pathway. Each of the boys you passed handed you the rose they were holding, and they all had huge smiles on their faces. Your cheeks heated up with every rose they gave, and finally you reached the end of the pathway - where you see your boyfriend standing on a small stage, holding his guitar in one hand and a huge bouquet of red roses in the other. He had a huge grin on his face, and he descended the stage,  handing you the bouquet of roses. You couldn't put into words how you felt right now, it was probably a mixture of shock, happiness and anxiety because this was definitely unexpected. He planted a lingering kiss on your forehead, and once he pulled away, he shot you one of those grins that remind you of a grinning emoji. "Happy anniversary babe, this one's for you," he says, before hopping on the stage once more and he turned to face you. "Today is my second year anniversary with my other half, and I just wanted to show her just how much I love her. I wrote this song for you babe," he says, before he began to strum on his strings. "Life's a tangled web, of cellphone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows. But you, you're so caught up in all the blinking lights and dial tones," his beautiful voice began to ring in your ears, and you could feel that warm, fuzzy feeling in your chest. "I admit I've been a victim in the worldwide system too, but I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you. Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps, here in the moment on the dark side of the screen," he shot you a wink, and you felt your breathing hitch. "I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make. We put the world away, we get so disconnected," he hopped off the stage and he smiled as he looked down at you. "You are my getaway, you are my favorite place. We put the world away, yeah we're so disconnected," he finished the song and swung his guitar behind him, pulling you close. "Happy anniversary," he says, wrapping his arms so tightly around you, you almost forgot how to breathe.