One

I sat in my last class on the last day of my sophomore year- waiting for the old man who taught us math to hand back our tests. My mind drifted to the thought of summer, and junior year.

Suddenly a paper was placed on the desk in front of me revealing a big, red D!  I was one of the smartest kids in my grade. If I would have gotten an A on this test, I would have had a shot for a high job position in the future, but I got a D? 

I studied for the past week for this test, I was so confident and didn't hesitate.

There was no way I did this bad on a test.
- - - - - - -

"Ouch," my best friend Audrey gasps as the computer she is using to hack into our schools network sparks and shocks her.

"Can you get in?" I ask, growing impatient.

"I'm so confused, this is a school- not some government agency, it shouldn't be this hard to get into!" She tells frustersted.

The computer finally sparked to life as filed suddenly exploded across the screen.

"Are your sure about that?" I ask shocked- looking at the folders that belonged to a school district.

"What is all of this?" She asks confused- ignoring the extra files for a second and searching for our test scores. 

After a few minutes she found them and sure enough- the 68 that my teacher gave me was a 98 on the computer. I knew I didn't fail that test!

As I was caught up in my victory, I realized that  Audrey was opening up one of the other files.

"Audrey NO!" I yelled

"Come on, aren't you the least bit curious?"

"No, your going  to get us into trouble"

"Loosen up a bit Taylor!"

I sighed and let her do her thing, until she opened a suspicious looking file- then her computer shut down completely... and wouldn't turn back on.

"Did it die" I asked

"No, it was at full charge" she claimed before two tall guys wearing black Pack 1 uniforms.

"Audrey Gee, you are under arrest for government treason, sentenced with death by Pack One" The first man announced, placing hand cuffs around Audrey's wrists- the cuffs made of silver so she couldn't escape.

"Taylor Grey, you are under arrest for government treason, sentenced with death by Pack One" The second, extremely buff, man told me. Copying his friend and cuffing me.

They pushed us into a car and we started our drive. The ride was silent, both of us afraid to say a word. We drove an out to the border of pack Three which used to be the state of Washington and got in a jet to go to Pack One (in Alaska). It was strange because this pack was cut off from the rest of civilization.

The first thing we noticed when we got off the jet was a layer of white snow, that seamed almost peaceful, although this is the place where my life will end.  On the way to the end of the pack where the Alphas castle is, as well as the prisons, we saw the "graveyards". I'm not sure if that's the right terminology. Inside the tall barbed wire fences were dest body's thrown over the peaceful white snow that turned into a haunting red, soaked with blood.

I almost gagged at the sight of it.

Is that where I will end up?

Will they have the decency to send me back to my pack to get buried?

I'm only sixteen- I didn't get a chance to actually live!!

My thoughts were inturupted as we pulled through another gate and a castle came into view. I assumed the prisons were in the basement of the castle- they don't need to be huge because people are rarely stupid enough to get caught and sent here.

The men took us out of the car and pushed us through the castle doors. I gasped at it's beauty. A few of the rare paintings by Pack 8 hung on its high walls.

I turned my head to see the one and only... Alpha Jaxon.

"My Apologies Alpha, we have two new ones" My guard told him.

"What did they do," he asked curiously

"Treason, hacked into the government database," The other guard told him.

He raised his eyebrow at the two sixteen year olds in front of him.

"How is that possible," he asked, laughing a little.

Cue Audrey's big mouth right... about... now...

"You see, we knew that we didn't do bad on our tests so we got into the school to find our real scores and we did great but then we saw some other stuff and we were very curious but my computer shut down so we didn't see anything even though we were very curious," she stated, talking as fast as he could.

"What did she do," he asked nodding towards me.

"Same" I shrugged, not showing fear to this intriguing alpha.

"Take them to the prisons" he announced.

The guard pulled me forward to a door st the end of the main hallway. On my way, my shoulder skinned Jaxon's and I felt the thing I should only feel with one other person in the world, sparks- and as I looked back at him, I knew he felt it too.

Mate he mindlinked me.

I forgot he could do that- but I am in his pack territory.

Get the hell out of my head I growled before blocking him out completely.

First Chapter!!!!!!!!