Uncover

'And I know you were ambushed.'

Lucia just stood there on her spot frozen as if she takes another step, the ground would break and collapse as if it was ice. "Who the fuck are you?!"

Her scarlet eyes were now glowing bright. "Who do you work for!?" She demanded for an answer.

"I work for no one" Marcus said calmly, not frightened of the girl known as the strongest vampire of all, standing in front of him. "Marcus is my name".

"Who told you?" Lucia questioned clearly seething with suspicions.

"Someone who I am not familiar with" Marcus simply answered.

Then in one swift, Lucia quickly slashed Marcus' chest with her sharp nails and soon blood oozed out of his muscular chest and without letting Marcus counter attack or anything he plans to do, she soon grabbed him by the neck and arm and tackled him to the ground, she was on top of him, and pierced through his neck with her fangs and savoured the blood she hungrily desired so much since the first time she got to taste it and it increased her hunger for it even more.

Immobile, Marcus just let Lucia drink his blood, he couldn't deny the foreign yet good feeling of having to know and feel Lucia's soft lips on his neck that electrified him to the core. He had the urge to just wrap his arms around her small body but quickly dismissed the thought as soon as he realized it was the bond, and he could only stare at the darkness that surrounded them and just clenched his fists tightly, as Lucia kept on taking blood from him.

"Take me there," she whispered to his ears huskily, sensing that he was tensed because of  her actions. She then lifted her face up that showed her lips that were now smeared with his blood and quickly licked it away and replaced it with a little smirk as he didn't respond to her question right away and was just blatantly staring at her face.

While on the other hand, Marcus' wounds on his chest already healed impressing Lucia with his quick regeneration abilities.

"I seek answers," Lucia remarked with a serious expression.

"The journey will take quite a while and it will be rough," Marcus proclaimed. "It wasn't easy travelling all the way here and it won't get any easier going back, especially not with your state. It's swarming with predators, enemies."

"Don't ever underestimate me! Lucia retorted, clearly frustrated with the guy in front of her downgrading her. "I could snap your neck anytime".

"Why haven't you?"

"I need answe-"

"With me dead, you wouldn't have a clue where to start hunting down for the answers you seek," Marcus interrupted. "Especially not when everyone's basically your enemies once you set your foot outside of this damn place".

"Can you honestly manage to fight them all right now. You're weak and incapable right now".

Lucia couldn't find anything to say or to argue back against him but she tried to attack him again by punching him at high speed unexpectedly but only to see herself fail as she was stopped with a mere grab of her arm she used and then pulled her against his chest, spun her around and put his arm around her neck but he didn't really put any pressure on her that she would find herself groaning in pain for.

He leaned closer to her right ear and whispered, "With all these attacks you've been showing, I'm not too sure if you're still considered to be called a queen, known for her powers and capabilities. You're just downright sloppy and predictable right now."

With that statement, silence once again enveloped both of them again as they stayed in their position. Lucia who still couldn't say anything but was still able to hold her blank and unaffected expression on her face held even though she knew too damn well that she lost to him in their little spar with words.