Satoru-san, why did you make everything so complicated?

“Oi, didn't he say that you’re room was at the highest level?” Ryoma questioned. I cocked my head in confusion.

“When did he say that?” I questioned not knowing what he was talking about.

Ryoma looked at me, his golden eyes amused, “He said it when you were staring at your necklace, you probably were too enchanted to it.”

I shrug and look at the buttons on the wall, each button were made out of glass. I looked closely at them and smiled as I saw the small gears and a small light bulb in each of them.

Each button had a keyhole next to it making me know I needed to get these keys from somewhere.

I inserted my key to the hole next to the highest floor’s button and turned it. With a flash the button let off an incandescent light making me squint my eyes in surprise.

I stumbled lightly unprepared by the sudden movement of the elevator and bumped into Ryoma.

He placed his hand on my shoulders to steady me while he used his other one to point at a direction.

I followed his finger and gaped at the sight. The tennis courts and the buildings below us looked small. My eyes caught sight of a group of people walking towards the building.

“Hey, isn’t that everybody?” I questioned as I pointed to the black dots on the ground.

I giggled thinking how they looked like small ants.

Suddenly the elevator stopped and the door opened.

My eyes widen as I looked inside the room.

“Wow, we’re in a clock tower?” I questioned as I looked at the big circle glass clock. I peered through the glass and could see tennis courts right underneath it.

I heard Ryoma whistle sounding impressed, “There’s stairs leading up.”

He pointed out the stairs that looked like they were made out of old metal pipes. It went in circles until it hit the ceiling making it suddenly ended.

I ran up the stairs in circle until I was at the very top, with a hard push I hit the ceiling. The ceiling popped opened into a door making a rain of dust fall on me.

I coughed and hacked for a second before looking down at Ryoma and motioning him to come. I ran my fingers through my dark locks getting rid of the dust that fell on me.

I peaked my head through the ceiling door and gasped.

“Wow, this is so cool!” I gushed as I climbed up. I eyed the room in fascination.

“He didn't make this room steam punk,” I jumped slightly at Ryoma’s voice.