Chapter 3- Distrust

Start from the beginning

Everything went slow but I could move.

"What the shit?" I looked at my brother in confusion, only to see him moving slow too. He was mid cry for help, I could see every saliva drop flying out of his mouth as he spoke. Nasty.

Still in a state of shock and not sure if the current situation was actually happening or not, I grabbed the boxes and walked back towards my brother.

Almost the second my foot landed on the side walk things went back to normal and the car sped right past us. Eli stares at the road in shock before slowly looking towards me with a look of utter amazement.

I too was confused and shocked, my brain couldn't exactly process what the hell had just happened. Time slowed down just long enough for me to avoid death, maybe it was another miracle.

"What?! Wh- how did you do that?!" Eli suddenly shouted as he grabbed my arm and pointed at the road. I looked down at hip with an equally perplexed face.

"Do what?"

"How'd you get from the road to here in like negative eight seconds? You were literally a blur!" He exclaimed as he shook my arm for emphasis.

"Huh, I just thought God had stopped time for me so I could walk away," I said with a shrug and he screamed in excitement.

"You have super powers! You have super powers! How else would you have been able to do that! I saw it with my own eyes!"

My eyes widened at the possibility and I quickly darted my eyes around to check if anyone else was present. Thankfully we have no neighbours, the moving guys had gone on break, and our parents were in the house packing still

"Actually?" I whisper shouted at him with confusion in my eyes.

"Yeah it totally makes sense!" He said as he jumped around in joy, obviously having his heart set on the idea of my having super powers.

"Um it really doesn't though, why would I suddenly have powers when I've been powerless my whole life. That doesn't make sense, dummy!" I exclaimed as I smacked him on the head for jumping to conclusions so fast.

"Oh yeah! Well how else would you explain that?" He emphasized while gesturing between the road and where I was currently standing.

"The same way I'd explain why I don't have horrific burn scars, a miracle!" I said as I rolled my eyes and picked up the boxes to put them in the moving van, wanting nothing more with this nonsense conversation.

"But you were in a lab accident with chemicals...and fire...and...stuff. Maybe you got super speed somehow," Eli was clearly confused considering his vast lack of scientific knowledge.

"Eli, you don't know squat about science. Because if you did, you'd know that was you're saying right now sounds absurd."

"But it makes sense! How do you think the Flash got his powers, he probably wasn't born with it either!" He argued and I rolled my eyes.

"The Flash also isn't a thirteen year old girl who was in a lab accident at a high school. The hell do you think they've got in a high school?"

"Well whatever, there's no way you can convince me that you don't have powers," he said stubbornly as he crossed his arms and scowled at me.