4: Trust

I woke up feeling weird today. I was shivering for no apparent reason. I grab a blanket and I went to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast.

Carol was making breakfast. As always. I offer to help but she said that she can handle it herself. She gave me a bowl of oatmeal and I took it to a empty table. I see Carl coming in and he gave me a small smile. I raised my eyebrows like I didn't even care. So I just continued to eat my oatmeal until he came over to sit across from me.

I finished my oatmeal and I went back to my cell to change. I heard footsteps behind me and it was Carl. Just as I was about to enter the cell, he grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"What's wrong with you this morning?" he asked looking all mad but confused.

"Nothing, I just had a lot on my mind right now." I said sarcastically.

"This isn't about what happened yesterday afternoon right?" he asked.

"Are you ever gonna let that go? It was just a kiss. An ordinary kiss. Now can you get out. I need to change?" I said angrily.

He stomped out of the cell angrily. I went to my bag and changed into my clothes. After I was done, I sighed and I went looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found.

~~~~~~~~~~~*Carl's POV*~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She doesn't even care if I'm here or not. All she wants to do is look for her sister who is probably dead right now. So what if we kissed. It meant something to me, but is just nothing to her. Do you know what I'm saying?" I said in complete stress.

"Well looks like to me you have a lot of issues with this girl. What was her name again?" Glenn said with his eyes opened wide.

"Her name is Kendal." I said rolling my eyes.

"Carl, she just got here. I think finding her sister is the most important task she needs to deal with right now." Glenn said. He walked out.

I decided to go on a run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~*Brittney's POV*~~~~~~~~~~~

The woods were silent during the afternoon. I haven't even killed a biter in days. I step in a mud puddle and I got soaked in my $200 designer jeans. And my sandals got ruined. Oh no! My bracelet was not on my wrist!

My charm bracelet was gone! My mom gave me that when I turned 13. I had luck every single day.

I got down on the ground and started crawling to try to find my bracelet.

I found it! But I do t remember a pair of dirty looking shoes with it.

I look up and I see this guy with a sheriffs hat on. Pretty cute.

"You lost?" he asked.

"Uh-no. I jut lost me bracelet. Who are you?" I asked.

"Carl. Carl Grimes. And you are?"

"Brittney. Brittney Charles." I said shaking his hand.

A biter suddenly grab my shoulder but Carl shot at it.

"Thanks." I said smiling at him.

"No problem." he said.

"So you got a camp or something?" I asked walking by his side.

"Umm... I have got to ask you 3 questions before you even ask me to join our camp." He said with my eyebrows raised and a little chuckle.

"Okay. Ask away." I said with a hand on my hip.

"How many walkers have you killed?" he asked. I don't know what walkers are but I'm pretty sure that's what he called those things.

"I haven't even killed two yet. I don't want to get blood over my designer jeans." I said

"Okay.. but this isn't a game. How man- never mind. You look to perky to kill a human being." he said

"Okay..." I said. "So can I come back with you?"

" Sure. Lets go." he said.