4: I Must Be Dreaming

"So I've listened to some of your songs," Harry admitted.

Our managers thought it would be best if we spent time together outside of business reasons so we could get to know each other better. I, of course, was hesitant at first, but decided to comply. We were currently on his couch, trying to get to know each other better.

"Oh really? What do you think?" I asked, intrigued.

"They're amazing. Do you write all of your songs?"

"For the most part, yeah."

"I respect that. What's the meaning behind your song 'If You Could See Me Now'?"

I swallowed hard, unsure as to whether I should tell him or not.

"When I was fifteen, my parents were killed in a car accident. They were on their way home from having a Valentine's Day dinner," I spoke carefully, trying not to show any emotion.

"Wow, I'm so sorry. I had no idea," he apologized as if it was his fault they were gone.

"Don't be sorry. I just want to make them proud even though they're not here."

The room fell silent just as I had expected. I shifted uncomfortably and he scratched the back of his head, trying to find words that could make this less awkward.

"Do you want to practice that song that we wrote earlier?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"Sure."

He grabbed his guitar and I grabbed the lyrics. He started tuning his guitar and once it was tuned, he started playing. I cleared my throat and he began singing.

"The end of the night

We should say goodbye

But we carry on

While everyone's gone," Harry sang, focused on his guitar.

"Never felt like this before.

Are we friends or are we more?

As I'm walking towards the door,

I'm not sure," I sang, my eyes closed.

"But baby if you say you want me to stay,

I'll change my mind

'Cause I don't wanna know I'm walking away

If you'll be mine.

Won't go.

Won't go.

So baby if you say you want me to stay

Stay for the night,

I'll change my mind," we sang, smiling at each other.

"Lean in when you laugh.

We take photographs.

There's no music on

But we dance along.

Never felt like this before.

Are we friends or are we more?

As I'm walking towards the door

I'm not sure," Harry sang, turning his focus back to his guitar.

"But baby if you say you want me to stay,

I'll change my mind.

'Cause I don't wanna know I'm walking away

If you'll be mine.

Won't go.

Won't go.

So baby if you say you want me to stay

Stay for the night,

I'll change my mind.

I'll change my mind," I sang, staring at Harry.

"But baby if you say you want me to stay,

I'll change my mind," Harry sang to me, our eyes locked.

"But baby if you say you want me to stay,

I'll change my mind.

'Cause I don't wanna know I'm walking away

If you'll be mine.

Won't go.

Won't go.

So baby if you say you want me to stay

Stay for the night," we sang.

"I'll change my mind," I sang, ending the song.

I couldn't bring my eyes to look away from Harry's. He put his guitar down on a stand that was next to his couch and I put the papers on the coffee table. Our eyes locked once again and I couldn't help but feel the urge to kiss him. He scooted closer to me and smiled at me, causing me to blush and look down. He grabbed my chin and tilted my face up to look at him. I closed my eyes as he slowly pressed his lips to mine. The second I felt his lips, I knew it was him. Harry was my masked stranger. He must have known it was me since he pulled back and he had the same shocked expression on his face.

"You're--" he tried saying, but couldn't get out the full phrase.

"You're the guy I made out with at that masquerade," I bluntly stated, causing him to laugh.

"Well I was hoping it was more than just a make out session to you. I know it was to me," he admitted, causing me to blush.

"Of course it meant more to me. I was just joking," I reassured.

"I know," he smiled, scratching the back of his head. "So what does this mean?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are we friends or are we more?"

"I'm not sure. I don't think we need to decide that right away. Plus, it'd be nice to try and develop a relationship without the media ruining it."

"That's true, but we're the world's biggest singers. How could they not find out?"

"Everyone has secrets, Harry."

The room fell silent once again, but this time, it was comfortable.