(27) His "Possesion"

Start from the beginning

"Hi." He says.

"Idiot. I came here to actually talk to you." I laugh.

He can be so stupid sometimes....Honestly. That dork.

"I'm really sorry about how much of a bitch I've been. I just needed to know what was going on and I made everything so hard on myself." I play with my pinkie. "And I was wondering...If you could forgive me." I continue.

Please say he will. Please say he will.

"I don't know...I feel like I'm the one that made everything wrong. I was the one that got jealous. I got you in trouble and...I should be the one saying sorry. So, can you forgive me?" He asks me back.

"I dunno....Maybe if you got me that really cute jacket at the mall I saw the other day..." I smirk.

What? Maybe I could get something good out of this.

Haha. I was just kidding . Seeing Carter this sad and happy at the same time is already so funny.

"Speaking of the mall, you lost the bet. We need to go over there some time..." He laughs.

"Yeah..." I grin, laying my head on his shoulder. "I saw Jace after school...And he told me something that took me by surprise..."

I can feel Carter tense up. "Keep going." He motions me to keep talking.

"He told me that I act like your possession." I whisper, my voice a little shaky because I don't know how he'll react.

He stands up. "What did you say back?"

"He told me that I act like you own me." I continue...

Realizing that it's sort of true.

He's always so weird every time I talk to a guy or hang out with one other than him. Always telling me to back off and get away.

And I always do.

That's why Greyson doesn't talk to me much anymore...but that's a different story.

"And what did you say back?" He says, his jaw clenched.

"Calm down Mr. AngryPants." I shrug, rolling my eyes.

"Cassie just tell me what you said back!" He shouts.

Maybe this is what Jace meant...

Because he's being pretty damn controlling right now!

"I didn't say anything back because I didn't really get the chance to say-"

"Do you think I'm like that? Do you think I act as if I own you?!" He raises his voice even more.

"If I were to be honest...You can be controlling sometimes. But it's always when I'm with another guy or even one of your friends...Like with Jace!" I raise my voice to match his.

Ok. So he wants to play like that? I came here to apologize, not to start something else.

Not to be yelled at like this.

"So you think our relationship is like that?! You think I just control you every time-"

"There it is with the relationship thing again! What even are we Carter? Cause our relationship seems to always be so on and off!" I snap at him, cutting him off. But I can tell that this makes him even more angry.

"Maybe we just don't work out well together Cassie! Maybe it's because I can be so controlling, apparently!"

At this point some of his brothers are out of their rooms listening. So I try to resolve the conversation.

"Oh shut it! Carter I was trying to explain that-"

"Get out." He grunts.

What?

"I said get out!" He sits down and shakes his head. "We always seem to be arguing nowadays...And I'm sorry, but it's destroying me!"

"And what about me? Do you not realize that I might be breaking down in the inside because of you too?!"

"Just get out Cassie!" He yells at me.

I stare at him really quickly, and the tears fall in. But I follow what he says because I know if I argue back, things might get worse. He's not looking at me, in fact ever since I started crying he looked away.

I make my way down to the door in the front. I stop briefly there for a moment, to see if Carter will change his mind.

But he doesn't.

So I slam the door and call Charlie. And then I cry. I cry until my eyes can't anymore.

Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut?

________________________________Sorry babes, I had to do this to Carter and Cassie

Sorry babes, I had to do this to Carter and Cassie. This time Carter is the one mad at Cassie and Cassie is the one that's a little sad.

Will they make it out together? Will they survive through their dark times? Or are they really just not compatible?

And I'm thinking about making another book. Not a sequel but a different book. I really want to. Any ideas on what it should be about? I usually stick to the romance Teen Fiction sort of style...I'm so clićhe..XD

XOXO :P