Fucking hell , she's wanted to touch it the moment her eyes landed on him.

"I actually love it, Chris." He looks back at her with the brightest of smiles. Eva can see Sana raising her eyebrow in the corner of her eyes. "Blond looks good on you."

"Does it, now?" He raises his eyebrow. She doesn't know what compels her to do the following but she fists a hand in his hair and tugs at it with just enough force, smirking.

Chris' head follows the movement, causing his chin to rise. He licks his bottom lip again before speaking. "Is that a kink of yours, Eva?" Ha practically purrs and Eva's smirk widens.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She fully smiles now. Her fingers loosen around his hair and her hand slides down his neck and rests on his shoulder.

They're laughing before Eva knows it. The unwanted tension gone from her body.

She finally looks at Sana who stares at them both shocked and amused. Chris chuckles a little bit louder at her obvious reaction.

"It was nice talking to you, girls but people will arrive soon and I need to check with the guys at the door." He looks back at her. "I'll see you in a while." Eva nods smiling and gasps quietly a moment later when he grabs her forearm that lies on his shoulder and kisses her wrist. "Don't go grabbing other people's hair, Eva. It's our thing now." He says before tugging a loose strand of her hair and walking away.

Eva's face twists the moment he's out of sight. She covers her face with her hands and tries not to scream. She doesn't know what's going on anymore.

"You flirt like this the whole time?" asks Sana, theatrically fanning herself with her hand.

"No. Not like this." Eva sighs and bites her lip. "I wouldn't have survived this long, if we did."

It causes Sana to laugh.

"Just go for it, Eva." Sana finally tells her and Eva snaps her head to look at her. "You're too deep to back out anyway."

She pats Eva's back twice before walking away herself.

***

A couple of hours into the party and Eva's too occupied hosting it to go crazy about the way her body practically vibrates with anticipation.

People start coming in waves to Eva's surprise. She spends most of her night with different people, talking, catching up, dancing, drinking. Chris also ventures around her place, catching her glances here and there and everytime she thinks she gets a hold of her feelings he shows up, smiles at her and ruins it all.

He's playing with her, she knows it.

Eva doesn't exactly understand why or what's at stake but he's just invented a new way to ruin her over and over again. He keeps showing up out of nowhere and simply tugs her hair. She freezes every time. At first she tries looking around for him but she can barely catch his blond streaks blending with the masses of people everytime, now she just goes completely still and tries not to lose her composure.

If Sana is around, she laughs every time.

She small talks with Isak for a moment and even though his betrayal still hurts, she revels in any sort of contact with him. They're too alike, Isak and her. He disappears way too soon, when Jonas whispers something to his ear, first stealing his attention and his presence moments later.

Chris sits by her on a couch just then.

There's so many people around and her head buzzes a little bit because of that and the fantastic drinks Chris sends her way the whole night. It's so much better than the canned beer or cheap champagne, she thinks.