Eleven

Daryl's POV!!

I woke up about fourty-five minutes later to the sound of a door shutting. I looked up and Carol was standing at the door.

"Hey," I said opening my eyes slowly.

"Hey," she replied as she walked over to the counter. She set a mug down. "You want some water?"

"Uh. Sure," I said getting up. She got a mug and filled it with water. I walked over to her. She handed me the mug.

"Thanks," I said as I grabbed the mug.

"No problem," she replied.

"Hey. You're still wearing the ring," I said pointing at her hand.

"Yeah. I really like it.Thanks," she said.

"You're welcome," I smiled. "You wanna go for a walk?"

"Yeah. Sounds good," she replied. I put my shoes on and grabbed my knife and crossbow. I put on my vest and we were out the door.

"Why'd you bring your crossbow?" asked Carol.

"I kind of wanted to go out of the terminus. Ya know, and get away from these people," I replied. She smiled and we went to the front gate. I asked the guys to open the gate so we can go for a walk, and they did as I asked. We walked out of the gate and it shut behind us. I looked at Carol and smiled. She's so pretty. I just can't help but stare at her. We walked along, and Carol caught me staring at her. I looked away quite quickly. We walked the railroad tracks, and I started staring again. I look away and hope she doesn't notice. She does. All of a sudden, she grabs my hand. I look down, and she smiles. I put my fingers through hers, and we continue walking. About two walkers come thourgh the woods. I quickly dropped her hand and grabbed my knife out of its holster. Carol did the same. I killed one, and she was struggling to kill the other. It pinned her to the ground and I ran up to where she was laying. I put the knife through the walker's head, and dragged the lifeless body off of her. I help her up and Look in her eyes. They are filled with tears. I put my crossbow down, and put my knife in its holster. I pull her in for a hug, as she wraps her arms around me.

"Shh. It's all over now," I said to her. She gently pulled away from the hug, while keeping her arms around me.

"Thank you," she said trying to smile through the tears. I pulled her back in for the hug and kissed her forehead.

"You're welcome, sweetie," I replied. "Do you wanna go back to the terminus?" She gently pulled away, and nodded her head. I grabbed my crossbow and put it on my back. I turned around and held my hand out for her to grab it. Sure enough, she did.

*

*

*

When we got back to the terminus, I knocked on the door. It was around dinner time when we arrived. Everyone was at about four fold-out tables in the middle of the terminus, as usual. There were two seats left. They were in the middle of Kyle and Gareth. I sat next to Kyle and Carol sat next to Gareth. I finally let go of Carol's hand when we sat down.

"Hi Carol," I heard Gareth say to Carol. I despise that guy. I don't know why, but he just doesn't seem right. It was the same thing with the Governor; he seemed nice, but he turned out to be a phycopath. Carol just waved and basically ignored him. I giggled a bit. Carol looked over at me.

"What's funny?" she whispered.

"Oh. Nothing," I whisper back. When we were all done eating, we packed away the fold-out tables and made a fire. There were logs all around the fire. I grabbed Carol's hand and led her to one of the logs. We sat down and warmed ourselves with the fire. Carol seemed cold so I got up and got her a blanket from the bucket a few feet behind me. I put it around her shoulders, and she looked up at me and smiled.

"Thanks," she said.

"You're welcome," I replied. We all sang around the campfire. A while later we all went to bed.

A/N-

Sorry guys for such a short chapter. The picture to the side is what Gareth looks like. Oh! And thanks for so many reads guys! Love y'all!