Chapter 24: Denial

"I think you like her." Cloud Guy spoke to Twig who rolled his eyes with a smile. "For thousand of times, I told you, I don't like Pamela. I just met the girl.".

"But you still like her." CG smirked and Twig groaned and held the bridge of his nose. Then he shook his head. "Never mind, never mind, this is not important. At all.".

"Oh, cmon, bro! Just admit it, that Pamela girl is perfect!" He said while Twig blushed. He shook his head and sighed. "Yeah, but I just told her that I things slow. I don't want to rush it. So we're staying at friends first.".

Then CG rolled his eyes and walked away. Twig smirked as he watched him leave, but then he sighed in relief as he was gone. Twig then went around Troll Tree, lucky that he didn't see Pamela yet. But as he thought things would get better, he saw Pamela talking with Branch from afar. Pamela rolled her eyes as she spoke, then Branch did the same as he shook his head in disbelief. Then Twig quickly looked away and bit his bottom lip, then he continued to walk away. Pamela, from the other side, noticed him and stood up. "I'll be back, Branch...".

"Whatever you say." He joked and walked away. Pamela started to sneakily follow Twig through the forest. He climbed the tree, and so did Pamela. She stood beside him, Twig was looking down, looking if Pamela was still there. Then Pamela spoke. "Hi Twig-"

"Ah!" Twig got startled and almost fell off, but he held the branch of the tree and sighed in relief. Pamela chuckled and stood in front of him while looking down. "Surprise!".

"Don't scare me like that! Besides... will you please help me up?" He said and Pamela thought for it for a moment. Then she smirked. "Nah, I'm good.".

"Pamela!" He said and Pamela giggled as she helped him up. But as he got up, he lost his balance and landed on Pamela and landed on the branch, with Twig on top and Pamela in the bottom. Their eyes widened, and their cheeks blushing, only staring into each other's eyes. Twig quickly got off her and stood up while helping her up. They both blushed and looked away from each in the opposite direction. Then Twig spoke. "Sorry.".

"It's alright." She replied, straightly. Already feeling awkward around the guy. Then Twig cleared his throat and crossed his arms. "I'm assuming Queen Pamela wants something from me?".

"Nothing at all..." she replied and then he asked. "Then why are you here?".

"I don't know, just to talk, maybe?" She said and started blushing, and so did he. "What exactly do you want to talk about?".

"Normal stuff, I guess?" She shrugged her shoulders. Awkward... Then Pamela rubbed her nape and sighed. "How's your day?".

"Good, I guess." He replied as they both sighed in unison and said the same thing in unison. "This is really, really, awkward. Agreed? Agree...".

"Twig?" Pamela asked and Twig replied. "Yeah?".

"Is it just me? Or did things get even more awkward..." she said and Twig nodded. "Yup. Things definitely did...".

"Twig? Can we continue this conversation tomorrow?" Pamela whispered and Twig nodded. "Sure.".

Then they quickly run away from each other and headed in their homes. Regretting ever leaving their homes.