Chapter 50! Coward?

Whoop Whoop! Chapter 50!! love you peeps and I'm sorry its been such a long time since I updated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stood in front of the house, looking up at it "This is it" I mumbled. Edith smiled brightly at it, she was excited to see the others again. But me... I was five seconds from running the other way. While Edith walked up to the door, I slowly backed up. "Get your ass over here" Edith called back at me, not even looking. "You need their help if you want that blond back, let alone to find your dad and friend" she said. I sighed and walked to the porch, knocking on the door. You could here something on the other side of the door move with a screech then someone fiddle with the door handle until it opened. Rick stood there, looking down at us two. "Maxie...? And... You are?" he asked, I was surprised how normal this scene was. There was no guns, shouting, freaking out. It was normal. You knock on door, human opens it, you say hi and introduce yourself. "Really Grimes? Edith James... from Atlanta?" She said, giving him the: Dude really?! look. He tilted his back as if trying to look back in his brain for a memory. "Edith James" he whispered "Yeah! your the kid Sophia and Carl always hung out with!" "Yeah. Well, came a long way from playing barbies and chess" she chuckled. I rolled my eyes and looked at Rick "Wheres Carl?" I asked. "Out with Michonne. Was about to take a nap" he smirked, laughing lightly. "Looks like you need it" I smiled slightly. He nodded with a light laugh that just sounded like he was breathing out deeply, no laughter coming out but air through his nose. Walking in, Edith and I locked and blocked, Hehe.. that rhymes, the door while Rick walked up stairs. "Well, nice to see him to" Edith smiled, rolling her eyes. I laughed slightly "If you saw what went down, you wouldn't blame him" I shrugged.

~~~

"No" I replied

"Its go fish" Edith corrected me, again.

"Go fish-" Bang. Click. Laughter. Someone was outside, trying to force the front door open. Dropping the cards I held in my hands I stood up quickly. "Upstairs, upstairs!" I whispered when I heard the heavy footsteps down the hall. Walking quickly and quietly up the stairs, we turned into the first room we reached, the, by the looks of it, teenage boys bedroom. While I yanked hard at the edge of the window to get it to open, Edith pulled shoe boxes and cloths out from under the bed until there was room for both of us.

"What about Rick?" Edith whispered. "He'll be fine" I said quickly, sliding under the bed next to her. "Are you sur-" "sh" I whispered. The foots steps got louder and careless, like who ever it was didn't care if there was anyone here or anything. "What to we do?" Edith whispered, voice slightly shaky. "We're gonna wait until their gone or we can sneak out. Be quiet. Not move. Just wait until it's safe enough" I said, almost to quiet for her to hear.

Hours went by and someone's only walked in the room then left. I sighed and crawled out from under the bed, the floorboards creaking slightly. I watched as panic formed in Edith's eyes, and I couldn't help but giggle quietly. .

Walking over to the door I opened it slightly and peaked out. "it's safe..." I mumbled. Edith sighed in relief and pushed me out the door. I stumbled a bit in surprise then turned back at her and glared "Tying to get us caught?" I mouthed. Edith rolled her eyed and walked past me, towards the stairs. "No dammit! Can't go that way.." I whispered harshly at her. Edith looked back "I want to get the hell out of here!" she snapped, a little louder then she should have. The floor boards creek down one of the halls. I tensed and panicked slightly. "Uh... um.." I looked around. Seeing the bathroom down the hall I grabbed her wrist and quickly but quietly ran to the bathroom, closing the door slowly.

I leaned back against the door, sighing. Glancing around I noticed that the bathroom had been trashed. "Maybe Rick already made it out" I whispered, noticing a dead body by the toilet. Stepping over the man I walked over to the open window, Edith following with a disgusted look. Poking my head out the window I saw Rick on the roof, sighing in relief when he saw us. Stepping onto the roof, I held my hand out to help Edith who just scowled at me. Rolling my eyes I walked carefully on the slanted roof. "Glad you two are alright" Rick said quietly. I nodded in response "Right back at you" Edith smiled at Rick.

Once we got off the roof, we ducked by the deck. Rick peaked up, seeing an older man. I huffed and Edith nudged me, looking up I saw she was pointing at Carl and Michonne. "Shit..." I muttered. Hearing the door close, Rick shot up and jogged over to Michonne and Carl, us two girls following.

~

Carl kept glancing at me, and I can clearly see he's angry and confused. And so am I. Just not at him... Well not completely at him at least. "C'mon... We should get moving.." Michonne sighed after being introduced to Edith and giving a well needed hug to me. Rick nodded and with that we began walking down the road.

Soon coming up to the train tracks, we had found a map with Terminus. Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive written on it. After a bit of talking, we agreed to check it out, with a plan of course. Who knows? Maybe the group is there.  The rest of our people... 

~

"You gonna talk to me?" Carl asked as we sat by the small fire. "No" I mumbled. I know all he wants is me to explain myself, but I can't even think of a way without ending up with tears in my eyes. When my mother died, I ran. When my grandpa and uncle died, I ran. Now, within a couple weeks I've lost Carol, Sophia, Lucas, AnnaBeth, Possibly Daryl, and even Beth.. "Sorry if all I can do is run" I muttered.

I could barely see Carl's reaction due to how dark the night sky was, but I knew he was shocked. Standing up, Carl grabbed my wrist, pulling me up with him. "Enough Maxie!" he snapped at me. Everyone looked up at us, listening. Taking in a sharp breath, I walked away and since he was holding my wrist, he followed. 

Standing in the woods, I yanked my wrist away and kept my back to him.  "Maxie. I want you to talk to me. Okay? Please? I need to know that you're here. With me." Carl said quietly. I didn't respond right away, I let a minute pass. I let the night hide me in a dark sheet, praying he didn't see my tears. Taking a shaky breath I mumbled "I'm a coward." And I meant it to be serious. To be taken serious. But Carl laughed. "W-Why are you laughing?!" I shouted, angry. "Because Maxie, you sure are saying a lot of bullshit." He smiled and grabbed my face, gently pressing his lips to mine. "But if you think you're a coward, which you're not, but if you think you are, then that makes you my coward. I don't want you to ever leave me again" 

~~~~~~~~~~

So, I know it's not the best chapter, but I had written most of it over a month ago annnd just decided to get my shit together and finish it. So there you go!

I love y'all who are still here waiting for an update!!

~ Gwenyth :)  

*debates if this should be updated....*

*Updates*