Chapter 7

You begin to panic. "Rose? Rose!?! Where are you?!? Akk!" You yelp in pain as you feel someone quickly lift you up. You began to wheeze from anxiety and you feel tears beginning to take form in your eyes. You try to pound on the hand, but immediately stop and cry out in pain. Everything hurts.

    "shh, shh. it's okay. take a deep breath." You hear Sans' baritone voice speak to you. You feel the hand that's carrying you and realize that it is Sans. So you do exactly what he says and calm down somewhat.

    Skylor! Oh my gosh, are you okay?! You hear Narissa.

    I-I can't see! You tell her. You search Sans' hand until you find his fingers and grasp his thumb. You press your forehead on his thumb, even though your body cries out in protest, and feel your body begin to shake.

    "S-Sans. I can't see." You whisper. Sans doesn’t respond, but you feel him beginning to walk. A whimper escapes from you as someone stops him, causing you to move.

    "Sans, where are you going?" You hear Toriel ask.

    "i'm going to heal her. don't worry, tori, i'll bring them back." Sans says. Before Toriel could say anymore, Sans walks away. You clench his thumb as tight as you can without causing more pain. What did he mean by 'them' . . . ? You ask yourself. Then, you remember Rose.

    "Rose! Where is she?! Is she okay!?"

    "I'm here, Skylor. Don't worry." You hear Rose's voice say from next to you. You reach out for her and grasp her hand.

    "I’m so sorry, Skylor. This is all my fault. If I had just sat farther away from the edge-" You blindly (See what I did there?) search for her shoulder and gave her a firm squeeze.

    "It doesn't matter what you could've done. What matters is that you're okay. Besides, it's not your fault. That blame falls onto that kid." You reassure her. Rose begins to cry and you pull her into a hug, even though it sent daggers of pain to your brain when she hugs you back.

    "so what exactly happened?" Sans asks you as he sets you two down onto something. You feel Rose's head rise from your shoulder. You can sense her turning her head around quickly.

    "A kid tried to reach in and pick Rose up while the goat lady wasn't looking. I panicked and attacked the kid. I . . . may have sliced his hand up with a knife." Sans laughs when you call Toriel 'goat lady', but stops when you said you cut the kid with the knife.

    "you shouldn't have sliced the kid, skylor. i understand that you freaked out, but that doesn't mean that you should slash a kid's hand." You feel anger boil inside of you. What?! How could he say that?!

    "I wasn't going to let some stupid kid take my friends and family away from me again! I can't afford not to care anymore! Not after a kid took my si-" You stop and cover your mouth. You almost let it slip. You heard Sans move uncomfortably when you said that you couldn't afford not to care.

    "not after a kid took who?" Sans asks you. You turn your head away from him, at least you think you do.

    "you're not doing this to me again, kiddo." Suddenly, you feel the atmosphere of the room change and hear Rose gasp in surprise. You feel around and hit a button.

    "W-What is this?" You're about to press the first one when you feel Narissa move your hand away from it.

    Don't touch the first one . . . . . . yet. It says FIGHT. If he hurts you, then I'll FIGHT for you. For now, push the fourth one two times, 'kay? I'll guide you. You mentally nod to Narissa and push the fourth one two times.