Part 12

Juliet P.O.V.

       I stare at the person who I guess is claiming to be my mom. I don't believe her, my mom died years ago.

       "Sure you're the one who named her." Alpha Jake says, "Why are you really here?"

        "Can't a mother come to see her beautiful daughter?" She asks, with a sickening sweet smile.

        "If you are her mother where have you been all of these years when your daughter was being abused to the point of death almost?" Alpha Jake yells starting to get mad. I hate it when people get mad. It gives me terrible flashbacks and I get extremely nervous.

        Without realizing I go closer to Alpha Jake hoping he can give me some comfort even if he is the one making me most anxious.

       He notices me coming closer to him and his eyes soften. He wraps his arm around my gently and brings me to him. He takes a deep breath in before going back to look at my "mother".

       "We will discuss this more later. Until then bring her to the level one cells." Alpha Jake commands. Level one cells are the ones for minor crimes while level 5 are for major ones.

         Once everyone but Alpha Jake and I have evacuated the room he turns me around so I am facing him and puts his face in my neck.

         After a few minutes we walk out of the room and into a bedroom and he motions for me to sit in the bed.

        "Do you remember your mother?" He asks me and I shake my head no. I couldn't remember my mother, really anyone could come up to me and claim to be my mother and I would have no idea who was and who wasn't.

         "That's alright, we will just need to question her further and see if she is actually telling the truth." He mumbles the last part more to himself. "Do you think your old pack had your birth records?" This time I shrug my shoulders, I was never allowed around important paperwork. "Okay, so I will also need to call your old pack." He says, while running his hand through his hair.

        I know Alpha Jake is getting stressed, he is already a busy Alpha and when you add in problems with his mate it just becomes too much. So I do something I would never normally do. I grab his hand and send him a soft smile when he looks at me shocked.

        I feel him relax and squeeze my hand lightly.  "Now let's go get some dinner I am starving and you must be too."