Chapter 23 - Uncertainty and pure love

ابدأ من البداية

Jean was hesitant, but then agreed half heartedly and they began to dance.

Misaki pov:

My chest tightened as I watched Jean smile and dance with Clara. I couldn't start a fight now....not on this day. I didn't want anyone here to feel bad and think badly of me...

Clara's parents were glaring and I couldn't speak out at all. I had heard from Mrs Jason that her family was one of the local governors of the town so anyone who went against them were usually severely punished. Well, I could easily fight them, but what if they troubled Jean's family when we went back to the city? It would be my fault and people would unnecessarily get hurt.

I took a breath and sighed but I smiled when Jean's father asked me to dance with him. I smiled and laughed but my mind was far away. I kept stealing glances at Jean and everytime, my chest hurt. We were just married and Clara was sticking to him like she was the one he had married.

I smiled again as I danced with grandpa and they said they were so happy to have me with them. I didn't want them to worry so I did my best to push away the way I felt now. After the song ended, I excused myself to get something to drink. I got myself some water and watched from the distance as Clara introduced Jean to her friends and Jean awkwardly spoke back. I closed my eyes and sighed and then just looked at the glass cup in my hands.

I couldn't take my eyes off Jean and I couldn't stop the feeling of loneliness and pain that racked through my body. It seemed to be getting more and more prominent as every minute passed. I let out another breath and looked up when I heard footsteps. Jennifer was standing in front of me and she looked troubled. I smiled and offered a glass of water to her as well. "Do you want some?"

She shook her head and looked down. "Mia.....I...." She bit her lip and then looked at me. "I'm so sorry....for everything I did the past few days. I never understood you....not one bit. I'm sorry." I smiled and took a breath. "Its alright. I know you did it because you were worried about Jean." I smiled and she hugged me. "I want you to call me mother from now on."

My chest clenched but I felt happy and I hugged back. "Thank you....mother."

>>Timeskip

It was close to 10:30 by the time the dancing and everything ended. We had gone home and mother had let me move into Jean's room.

Unfortunately, I had faced some problems just before we got back. Clara and her parents had stopped me when I was alone and challenged me saying that they would make sure Jean would end up with her. It had made my anxiousness increase even more and I was fidgety the whole way home. Jean had asked me if everything was alright, and I had just smiled and waved it off. I didn't want him to get worried so I kept it inside.

Now I stood in out room and looked at the small garden that they had out back. They had a few small flowering plants and a window from Jean's room gave a brilliant view of it and the night sky. I was still in my wedding gown and I had my hands linked in front of me.

Heat rushed to my cheeks when I felt 2 arms wrap around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder. I smiled and lifted my hand to cup his cheek gently. Jean kissed my bare shoulders softly and I shivered. "I missed holding you Mia...." He whispered and I closed my eyes and sighed. "And you look so beautiful today Mia....my Mia...."

I loved it when he called me his Mia. I turned around in his arms and placed my hands on his chest. We met halfway as we shared a kiss. My whole body tingled at the contact. It had been so long since I had felt his lips against mine, his arms holding me close to him, his gentle caresses. I felt him pull me closer and I lifted my arms and wrapped them around his neck. I put one of my hands into his soft hair and the other remained at his neck.