twelve

-he was gold-

A loud snort escaped the small girl's lips, making her want to crawl into a hole and die. She normally would control herself on a first "date" but she couldn't help it. Khalid laughed louder as he heard the small girl snort. All he did was make fun of her when she told him an embarrassing childhood story.

"You're so mean," Paisley pouted but still laughing as Khalid pushed his nose up to look like a pig.

"You like it though," Khalid mused, making the small girl roll her eyes.

It was eight at night and they had been together for three hours already. Not a single hour had passed where they weren't laughing and Paisley just felt really comfortable with the boy in front of her. It normally would take her days to talk to a person while being relaxed and here she was discussing anything and everything with Khalid.

He understood her and was okay with her being shy at first. When they met up, he immediately started with a story of how he broke his leg trying to do a flip on the trampoline and Paisley just felt so comfortable after that. She could tell him anything.

"Do you want anything else to drink?" she asked, realizing she had finished her glass of water already. She looked over and noticed that his glass of sprite was empty. Paisley just wanted her guest to feel welcome.

She was starting to get up off of the couch but Khalid immediately pulled her back. He didn't want her to get up for him. He could easily take of her. He wanted to take care of her. Khalid wanted to protect her from everything bad in the world.

Paisley immediately opened up about her troubles with Luke and he never wanted her to go through that again. What kind of friend would ditch their best friend just to fuck their girlfriend?

"I can get it. Don't worry," Khalid said, tucking her back into the blanket she had been wearing. He got up and walked into the kitchen with both of their glasses, going to refill them.

Paisley felt so at home. She loved how kind he was and how he was putting her feelings first. He immediately wanted to learn everything about her and she was amazed by it. She felt important. Not like a second option.

Paisley turned on the couch so that she was watching the boy move around the kitchen. He was just getting drinks and he did it so effortlessly. He looked comfortable in her home and she loved it. Khalid was becoming comfortable with her and vice versa.

"Pais, I came to apologize- who the fuck are you?"

The sound of the front door opening made Paisley and Khalid both stop moving. The black boy was on his way back from getting their drinks and he didn't know what to do. Was the tall, lanky, pale ass boy Luke? Paisley really didn't know how to choose her men.

Well, he was the exception, of course.

"Khalid and you?" he asked, watching as the boy walked over to him.

"Luke," the taller boy answered, looking at the boy curiously.

Paisley didn't make friends easily. She definitely didn't date often either. He had remembered seeing one or two boys but she normally kicked them to the curb. Luke was convinced that his Pais was still a virgin. This boy was just here to corrupt Paisley.

"What's he doing here?" Luke asked, turning to Paisley and completely ignoring her boy.

He didn't care for this Khalid dude. He was clearly only using Paisley. She was too soft and innocent to understand.

"He's my friend, Luke. I'm allowed to have friends. Last time I checked we weren't talking so you're not allowed to control who I talk to," Paisley said angrily, getting up from the couch.

The fuzzy blanket was draped over her shoulders as she padded her feet across the wood floors. An annoyed look was on her face as she went to stand in front of her annoying best friend.

"I'm not going to get in the middle of this. I'll see you later Paisley," Khalid said, quickly interrupting.

He quickly pressed a kiss to the small girl's cheek and Luke felt his blood begin to boil. The black boy quickly left with a promise to call her later, leaving Luke and Paisley alone in her apartment.

"What are you doing here?" Paisley asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I came to talk to you but I guess I interrupted your little love fest with Khaled over there," Luke huffed, crossing his arms over his chest as well. Two could play at that game.

Paisley was furious. Why did Luke care? He had Valentina. He shouldn't care that Paisley may have had a boyfriend. (Not that they were dating but that's what Luke thought.) He wasn't her boss. She was an independent woman that didn't need her best friend checking up on her.

"First, it's Khalid. Not Khaled. Second, we're just friends. There was no love fest going on. Why should you care? You're acting like I'm cheating on you or something. Am I not allowed to have friends?" Paisley asked.

"No, you are. But they're either me, Michael, Ashton, Calum or Kara. Not some boy that you met on the street," Luke grumbled.

"Didn't I meet you on the street?" Paisley countered, making Luke huff.

Luke was about to answer but Paisley cut him off.

"You know what- just come back when you're acting rational. I don't want to talk to you right now," Paisley said, turning her back on her "best friend.

She didn't even know if she could call him that. He was being completely irrational and made Khalid leave. Paisley would only talk to him when he was back to normal.

***

Hey babes! Guess who's back to somewhat updating? Lmao I promise to maybe update more. This upcoming school year is a joke. My classes are so easy and I can't wait to graduate so I'll have more time to update. I hope you all are doing amazing and are having an amazing summer!!

-El