Jerry is hired (ENGLISH)

Jerry was busy peeling potatoes when he heard the door knock. Up he got from the broken chair as he walked to the door and opened it to see a kind but shy looking man.
"Hello" the man said quietly "I'm Matthew Cuthbert"
Jerry had heard about the odd man who hardly talked to anyone and always minded his own business. He was known to have an odd sister too...
"Good day, sir! Nobody else is in at the moment, but maybe I can help you?" Jerry said nervously, he wasn't used to someone half well off visiting his humble abode.
Matthew watched the boy for a minute before saying:
"Yes, I think you can"
Matthew lead Jerry to Green Gables in silence, much to his surprise and asked the boy if he could possibly help him with the farm just for the day.
Of course, the french boy accepted with a generous smile.
"Of course, Mr Cuthbert!"
Jerry was told that evening, after receiving a small sum of money for his work, that his assistance was needed the next day... and possibly everyday.
The small boy smiled, a job!!!!

"Maman! Monsieur Cuthbert va m'embaucher!!!" Jerry said to his mother as he arrived home.
His mother smiled at the thought of him bringing in some much needed money and being properly fed at lunch. It was perfect!
"Mon petit enfant! Tu dois bien travailler si tu veux être content! C'est magnifique!!! Monsieur Cuthbert... Incroyable!" Said the dirty woman with sparkling eyes as she hugged all her little children in her tired arms. She could only hope Jerry wouldn't make any mistakes...

Jerry set off to Green Gables early the next morning and almost crashed into a curious looking redhead at the door.
She was strange looking, but before he could ask who she was, she left.
"Mr Cuthbert! What do you need me to do?"
"Milk the cows and then feed the pigs" said the man not wasting a word.
The dark haired child nodded and made his way to the cows, where he milked each and every one of them without any trouble. He then grabbed some food and headed to the pig pen. He slowly opened the gate and slipped, falling into the mud with a slam. But worst of all, was that the pig that lived in that pen saw it's chance to escape, and was soon too far away for the poor boy who was caked in mud.
He sat down on a patch of grass and cried. He'd ruined his only chance of getting a job and he had ruined jos clothes! He knew how desperately Maman needed money and now he couldn't help her. He felt shame covering every cell in his body.
He was so distracted that he didn't even hear the footsteps heading towards him until he saw Matthew Cuthbert's face opposite his own.
"What happened to you, young sir? You've missed lunch and you seem rather dirty and upset"
Jerry explained what had happened embarrassed, but was surprised to fimd that Mr Cuthbert didn't care about the pig and he still wanted to take Jerry on!
Jerry smiled brightly and hugged the man, covering him in mud too.
THE END

Just something cute, simple and mostly in English to start off this story!
-theunicornthequeen

ANNE ONE-SHOTS (Multilingual)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara