Chapter- 28 Shortening the distance

Rithu's POV

"I.. can't... breathe", I said to Vikram, he was hugging me as tight as he could and that made me difficult to breathe.

He released me from the hug and looked down at me. His eyes that captivating eyes made me surrender in front of him, that eyes melted my heart and whenever he looks me or stares me I can't even concentrate on what I am doing or I will forget the words that I wanted to say. The expression in his eyes is different nowadays he's looking at me differently, with love... I thought but I am not sure about anything because I can't read him.

"Hmm...hmm... I....you", I started to speak but I can't, He's looking at me by raising his eyebrows and with a mysterious smirk.

"I am hungry and I am going to eat", I said and made my way to the kitchen.
God what happened to him why he's behaving like this, I thought and took a deep breath.

After finishing my dinner I asked Vikram to eat but he is busy in working and said he will eat after some time so I sat on the bed and started to read a book.

Then after some time, I closed the book and looked at Vikram he was sitting on the couch and working on his laptop.

"Why you're looking at me", he asked me but his eyes are still on the laptop.

"Hmm, it so boring can we talk about something interesting", I requested him but I don't know that he will accept my offer.

He looked at me, "just wait for five minutes and we will do whatever you want", he said enthusiastically.

I turned my head and smiled biting my lower lip. Then after some time, he placed his laptop on the side desk.

"Come here", he said.

I went and sat beside him, I placed my legs on the couch and I am facing him, a big gap was between us but I still felt goosebumps with his presence around me.

"What you want to do", he asked me.

"Can we talk about something like the things that I don't know about you and you don't know about me, you can ask about anything I will tell you and you also do the same deal", I asked.

"Hmm ok, deal", he said.

"Ok first you start", I asked him, I thought he would reject the offer and ask me to go first but he didn't.

"Ok hmm...... do you know me before when we first met, I thought that you are also looked at me with a surprise, did you know me before he asked me".

"Yes, I know you I have seen you a week before in the newspaper, when I first saw your face I thought that I have seen you somewhere and also I didn't remember where it was. When I came home then only I realized that I have seen you in the newspaper, next day when I saw you my confusion is cleared.

I know that you have seen me in the photo right, but I don't know you at that time and why you're looking at me like that", I said and smiled

"Hmm but I have seen you even before I saw you in the photo", he said.

"What? Where?" I asked.

"Five years before I was twenty-five I think ...... after finishing my first construction successfully I came home, mom wanted to visit the temple and it was also a festive day so we all decided to go for the Perur temple ( located in Coimbatore).

 after finishing my first construction successfully I came home, mom wanted to visit the temple and it was also a festive day so we all decided to go for the Perur temple ( located in Coimbatore)

After finishing our prayers I and Raghav walked around the temple and we were talking about my experience in my work and also I admired the architecture of the temple, then we sat in a place. At that time I heard a laughing sound of a girl so I looked around to see who it is and there I saw you, you're talking with Riya I think. You must be 17 or 18 right and you were wearing a red salwar" he said remembering everything.

I opened my mouth in a surprise how he can remember that even my salwar color. Yeah I know that day my family also went to the temple but I didn't saw him.

"I noticed you constantly because... something made me see you, then you stood up and left the place and then I also went to see my mom, and she asked me to go and look for my dad, that day there were so many people in the temple so I went and searched everywhere and finally found my dad and there he was speaking with your dad.

I went and called him and your dad talked to me and asked about my work then suddenly someone called your dad and that was you, I again saw you and you're not even glanced at me, but my eyes were only on you. You talked something With your dad and left the place and that was the first time I saw you".

"Actually I remembered this after our marriage, when I saw you in the photo I thought I have seen you somewhere, I remembered this on our wedding night", he said.

I don't know what to say, I am stupid that I missed a chance to see my handsome husband before, I thought.

"Oh...... it's really surprising you know I can't believe that I missed a chance to see you", I said with total surprise.

He smiled and looked at me intently, the couch was beside the window Vikram usually off the lights while starting to work so that I can sleep.
Now we were silent, and it's also dark I shifted my gaze to the other side.

"You know what Rithu nowadays you're looking different for my eyes", he said.

I raised my head and looked at him, yeah not only for you but also for me you're making me crazy Vikram, I am loving you unconditionally I thought and wanted to confess my feelings for him but not now, a week after on Vikram's birthday I am going to say that I am in love with him truly, madly, deeply that I am loving him more than anything in this world.

"Yeah sometimes Riya used to told me that I am looking different at some time", I said to change the topic.

"No it's not what I mean", he said.

"Then....", I said in a low voice.

He gritted his teeth, "I can't do this anymore", he said and pushed me back to lay flat, I was stunned and he started to kiss me in my forehead, Cheeks and further continued to my neck. I don't know what to do I want him but not today not this time I don't know whether he's loving me or not, I want everything from him with love, His hands trailed in back he leaned to kiss me in the lips but I turned my face to the other side, this time I did even though I desperately wanted that, he looked at me confusingly.

"Sorry It's not the right time, I am not ready for this", I said without meeting his eyes.

He didn't say anything and loosened his grip and he got up from me. I got down from the couch and sat on the bed.

Vikram instantly went out with his laptop and started to work sitting on the couch. I know that he will think that I rejected him, I felt stupid for doing this.... but my heart differently at that time it wanted me to stop what he's doing, am I did a mistake here......

Hello everyone,

What do you think about Rithu's thought whether she did right or wrong, comment about your thoughts.

Please vote and share this story to your friends..

Thank you all.