Chapter-15 The Accident

Rithu's POV

It's been a month since I came here I have to say my life has been changed not in an interesting way but boring.
I am doing the cooking, cleaning, and every household work. In my free time, I sat quietly in my bed and start to read novels that I bought from the store. It is such an interesting thing that I discovered. Reading helps me pass this boring life. I spend some time in talking with Shakthi my neighbor and playing with her daughter Priya and also conversing with my family and Riya on the phone.

In this Vikram..... Ugh thinking about him making me so irritated because the way he's with me. But I can't show my anger to him.

Vikram was always busy in his own world and not even consider me as a human being who is staying in his house and doing his household work. I can only see him in morning and sometimes I see him in the night when only he came home earlier.

Our conversation won't last more than two to three sentences and I know that he doesn't like me but I don't why he's avoiding me?
And I never said anything about this to anyone especially to my family even to Riya.

At first, I waited for him in the night to make him at least to be my friend. I thought this distance between us will fade away I act nice with him.
But every time he changed his timing of arrival if I waited till 10.00pm next day he will come at 11.00pm. I understood that he's purposely avoiding me and I can't withstand my sleep so mostly I don't wait for him.

Most of the time he doesn't even glance at me but I can't understand why he's behaving like this. Even in the weekend, he was in his room doing his work like an alien. But I can't stay in the home so I went to some places with Shakthi and myself I went to the neighboring street to buy something that I needed from there I found a Bookstore and bought a bunch of novels.

But even seeing him in the short time and looking at him leaving the house, doing his work on the laptop, his walk, talk, and his presence made me think more about him, like almost every moment.
Maybe I started to like him even his doings make me irritated but yeah I slowly started to like Vikram!

When did this happen? I don't know! but yes I seriously like Vikram. He is the only face that filled my mind for this past one month, it's the first time in my life that I started liking a guy. I don't even have a crush in my life, I want to talk with him or just be a friend with him but he's not even taking a single step in our relationship. I sometimes feel like why he even married me, but now I have to take a step in this.
.
.
.

It was Friday,  after finishing my work I felt tired so I was taking a small nap in the afternoon, but I waked up suddenly due to the phone ringing, it was an unknown number. At first, I hesitated to take the call but I took.

"Hello?" I said

"Is this Vikram's house", the unknown person asked.

"Yes, who are you?", I asked him.

"Mam I'm calling from the construction Vikram sir slipped from the steps and became unconscious and fractured his right arm", he said.

I was shocked, "What? How is he, is he alright where he's now?", I asked him without giving a and tears are now started to well in my eyes.

I don't know what to do I asked him about the hospital details and quickly locked the door and got a cab to reach the hospital in that travel each second I felt so nervous and I can't control my tears. Is he alright or he severely injured?
Oh God please save him ... please, I prayed to god.

At last, I came to the hospital and asked in the reception and they said he was in the room number 306, I ran to the room without taking the elevator because my brain was blank and wanted only one thing that I want to see Vikram and also I can't stop my tears.

When I entered inside I saw Vikram was sitting in the bed his right arm was bandaged with his neck and a small plaster in his head. I don't know what to say I slowly walked towards him he can clearly see that I cried.

"What happened! how did you get this", I asked him cryingly.

"Why are you here? Who called you?" He asked me.

I felt even more pain because of his words but I ignored that and looked at him, "someone called from the construction and informed me", I said.

"OK....., I just slipped in steps it's not a big deal", he said.

And now I am quite relieved. I stopped crying and closed my eyes for a second.

"Don't say this to anyone OK, the doctor said it will heal quickly," he said.

I nodded. "Please be careful while working what if something happens to you," I said again and tears welled in my eyes but I controlled them.

He didn't say anything for few minutes, "don't worry about me nothing is gonna to happen to me", he said by holding my hand.

I was surprised Because he's understanding me. I smiled lightly and I don't want Vikram's hand to let go of me, but as usual, he took his hand.

We both were silent for some time I sat in the nearby chair and looked at him but he's looking at the other side. Today morning I didn't saw him while he leaving the house and I never missed seeing him while leaving,  but today I missed I felt somewhat sad but how can something like this happen to him today, I thought.

While I was filled in my thoughts the doctor came. He asked Vikram whether he's having any pain. He said no. Then the doctor asked us to stay in the hospital for a day and he wants to observe and also asked him to take some rest.

But Vikram hesitated. But doctor strictly said to stay in the hospital.

"OK doctor we will stay," I said. Vikram glared at me but I don't care because his health is more important than anything.

The doctor then smiled and left. "Why did you say like that?" he asked me annoyingly.

"Because it's the best for you," I said with little loud voice.

He didn't speak another word. I was relieved because he's not going to scold or argue with me.

I felt hungry my stomach started to make noise because I didn't eat from the morning.

Give your phone he asked me. I handed my phone he dialed a number maybe his manager and asked him to bring his phone and his wallet.

I was sitting in the small bed beside him and looking through the window.

"Go and eat something and come", he said.

"No I am not hungry", I lied.

"Don't say anything, I can hear you", he said.

"Ok I am going", I went to the canteen and had my lunch and I also bought food for Vikram.

I went and unpacked the food and Vikram was talking with his manager after few minutes he went.

I was wondering how Vikram going to eat because he injured his right arm.
"I bought food for you", I said.

"I don't want anything", he said.

"But you have to eat", I said.

"How can I eat when I injured my right hand", he said annoyingly.

"If you don't mind may I use my hand to feed you", I asked shyly.

He paused for a second and said okay by using the spoon.

The rest of the chapters are private, kindly follow me to read the story.