Epilogue

MARCH 13 2000

Harry's POV

I had waited long enough, today was the day I was going to do it. Today was the day I was going to tie the knot between Ginny and I. I was going to ask her to marry me, and I knew exactly how.

"Ginny?" I called after finishing my breakfast. "Do you want to go on a date later today? I mean, I don't have auror training and you don't have Quidditch Practice. It might be the the last chance we get for a while."

Ginny nodded and said flirtasiously, "Why would I not want to go on a date with my hot boyfriend."

I grinned and stepped closer to her so I was right in her face. "Can't keep away from me, can you Weasley." I then left, calling out the time to her.

"3pm Gin, be ready and dressed in something hot."

I heard her giggle, "Don't worry Haz, I will."

Now the time was settled and Ginny was on board, I need to actually set my plan into action. I had bought a ring months ago, just waiting for the perfect day to come. I quickly made some arrangements and in no time it was 3pm.

"Gin, are you ready to go?" I called up the stairs.

"Coming!" She yelled back and then there were hurried footsteps coming down the stairs.

Ginny looked beautiful as always, and as always I stared. That was never going to stop happening, she was too beautiful for her own good.

"Ready?" I asked holding out my arm. She nodded not questioning where we were going and grabbed a hold of my arm ready to side apparate. I spun on the spot, gripping tightly to her, after the strong vomiting urge I always get, we were there.

Outside the gate of Hogwarts.

Before Ginny could adjust to her surroundings I quickly covered her eyes and put a blind fold around them, I couldn't let her see where we were going.

"Harry. What are you doing. I want to see where you are taking me." She said half laughing.

"But that will ruin the surprise." I said teasingly walking her into Hogwarts.

I kept her walking until we got to the tree. Our favourite tree. The one I never thought we would see again. I told Ginny to stand there with the blind fold still on, while I got down on one knee.

"Okay, you can take off the blindfold." I said gettting nervous. Would she freak?

She starred at me, I just continued with what I had planned.

"Ginny this is the place I first met you, this is the place I got to know you, this is the place I fell in love with you. I know that we have only been together for two years, but it feels like a lifetime. You are the only thing that matters to me, you are my life line. That is why I want to ask you, Will you Marry me?"

For a second I thought she was going to say no, then all of a sudden she jumped into me and kissed me with all her might.

"I take that as a yes." I asked after coming out of it for breath.

"Yes!" She half screamed. "I will marry you Harry James Potter."

19 YEARS LATER

Ginny's POV

"James Sirius Potter, you tell me what you're up to right now." I yelled to my eldest son. He was now a seventh year and something was up. There was something he wasn't telling Harry and I.

"James, what's going on?" Harry added trying to sound persuading, but we all know he's the softy out of the two of us.

James rubbed his neck, a very Potter thing to do when they're nervous.

"Well Mum could I maybe just speak to Dad, privately?" James questioned.

"Fine." I said and left the room winking to Harry, he would tell me anyway.

Harry's POV

"So, James what's up?" I asked sitting down across the sofa from him.

"Uhh, well there is kind of this girl I really like." James said.

I started to grin, then stepped forward and patted him on the back.

"Well guess what, James you have come to the right person. I should really call your grandfather over, he gave me this talk multiple times. But I probably know it well enough by now to do it myself." I said going on and on excited. It was my oldest son's first crush after all.

"Dad! I don't need 'The Talk'." James said disturbed.

"Don't worry, I didn't mean that talk. Plus you're not stupid. So where shall we start." I grinned rubbing my hands together. "How bout' whats her name?"

"Umm... Ava Summers. You know the red head in my year." I jumped off the couch and ran out of the living room.

"Ginny! Ginny! GUESS WHAT! Our son is crushing on another red head." Ginny shook her head.

"I guess I can't deny it now, 3 generations of Potter boys all ending up with Red Heads."

"Mum!"James said walking into the room, "I'm not even with her yet."

"You will be son there is no doubt about it." I piped in, there was no way he was going to lose this Red Head.

Read on for Epilogue #2