Life Stages of Cats

Many fanfictions revolve around the life of cats, so it is important to take note of certain changes as cats age. Take note that wildcats usually live for approximately 4 to 5 years. Below will showcase the life stages of cats.

(Source: https://icatcare.org/advice/life-stages)

| Kitten | 0-6 moons |

A period when kits are growing rapidly and learning how to socialise, at the same time developing their own personality. They are usually mischievous and playful at this stage.

| Junior | 6 moons-2 years |

A period when cats are almost at their full size, and learns about life and how to survive it. They will be apprenticed to either a warrior or a medicine cat, until they are ready. At 12 moons, warrior apprentices are ready to become young warriors. Young cats can develop life-threatening conditions.

| Prime | 3-6 years |

A period when cats are matured - physically and behaviour-wise. They are usually healthy and active, looking decent and making the best of life.

| Mature | 7-10 years |

Equivalent to Twolegs in their mid-40s to mid-50s. There will be increased risks of suffering from health issues at this stage.

| Senior | 11-14 years |

Equivalent to Twolegs in their 70s. At this period, cats will most likely suffer from health issues.

| Geriatric | 15 years and above |

Equivalent to Twolegs in their mid-70s. It is an achievement for wildcats to reach this stage in life. They will have poorer senses and will be weaker physically.