Chapter Four - Outburst

Start from the beginning

“No making out! No touching!” I grabbed Briley and clung him to my side; maybe that was a little too…irrational. But hey, I’m protective. Zoey and Briley started to giggle. “Wouldn’t you hate it if Dylan made out with someone?”

“Sure, except Briley.” She looked at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. So sharing your boyfriend with your brothers’ boyfriend is normal? Alright so obviously I’m on some alien planet ruled by complete morons!

“So what you’ve got some weird sharing thing going on between you and Bri?”

“Yup, too bad he had to pick you. It’s kinda one sided…”

…This is when I leave.

Briley’s POV

Brody and Dylan walked away from us, which made Zoey and I laugh even harder. It’s not like I’d actually kiss another guy while I have him, it’s just a joke jeeze. He’s so dramatic. “That roommate of yours is pretty hot hey?” Zoey asked as we walked in the direction of where the idiots left; it was nice out. The perfect summer day, blue sky, green grass, birds chirping and people yelling profanities at one another.

…wait what?

“Stupid little fag, I’ll kick your ass for that!” Zoey and I looked at each other briefly before bolting towards the noise. Gabriel, Brody, Dylan and a few of Gabriel’s friend were in the parking lot beside the café; there wasn’t anyone around except for them and us, and seeing the look on Gabriel’s face meant shit was about to go down.

“Hey hey hey!” I yelled and ran in between Brody and Gabriel, who had their fists up about to throw the first set of punches. I tried to push them away, but failed miserably and decided to use logic instead of physical strength. Since I had none. Sigh. “How about we just walk away and ignore each other for the rest of the term okay? We have to live with each other, and I’d hate for you two to-“

“Oh shut the hell up emo faggot.” Gabriel spat and pushed me away so hard I fell on the ground. That immediately made Brody swing a punch at Gabriel and made Dylan hold back his friends. Zoey ran over and helped me up but I wasn’t paying attention to her.

No one calls me that and gets away with it. I am not emo!

I shot up and, yelling like a fucking ninja, I jumped on Gabriel’s back. I yanked on his hair with one hand while I wrapped my arm around his neck. I was so fucking pissed. Brody’s lip was already bleeding and I’m so sick and tired of fucking homophobes messing with us. “Briley!” Brody snapped, I ignored him and squeezed my arm harder when Gabriel tried to pull me off him. “Get off him; leave this to me and Dylan! Go with Zoey!”

“WHAT?!” I screeched. “I AM NOT A GIRL BRODY!” I tightened my grip on Gabriel’s neck excruciatingly harder, with both arms now. I can take care of myself! I may be small and cute…and bottom but I am a man! I’m eighteen fucking years old and god damn it I can fight my own battles. “I can take care of myself!”

“No you can’t Briley get off!” I’m pretty sure everyone was looking at us now; I didn’t care. I was seeing red.

“Fuck off Brody!” After the words came out, I instantly regretted them. Oh shit. I’ve never been so mean to him before, not ever. I jumped off Gabriel, who was not coughing trying to get his breathing back to normal, and stepped towards Brody. “I-I’m sorry Brody. I was just mad…a-and…I didn’t…” I reached to touch his chest, but he recoiled and glared at me.

“Briley I was just trying to protect you.”

“Protect me?!” Uh oh, why is my anger flaring up so easily now? “I don’t need protection! Like I said I can take care of myself.”