Sponges

"Sakura, focus," Tsukiko said, as she sat in a meditative pose, her eyes closed.

Sakura paused mid-yawn and quickly stifled it.

"Are the two of you usually this lazy?" Tazuna questioned pausing near the two female ninjas.

"Meditation calms the mind and opens the senses," Tsukiko said calmly. "When the senses are primed, one can be more aware of potential disasters. Also, an excellent tool for teaching control and patience."

She opened her eyes and stared hard at Sakura.

"You lack patience."

Sakura blushed and stared at her feet, apologizing meekly.

"Where's that weird blonde kid, and the one with the attitude?" Tazuna questioned.

"They're training," Sakura explained. "Climbing trees."

"Too tough for you?"

"No, in fact, I'm the best!" Sakura boasted. "That's why-"

"Duck."

"Ack!"

Tsukiko sighed, picking up the sponge she had just hit Sakura in the face with.

"Less boasting, more focusing," Tsukiko said, shaking her head at the pink-haired girl.

"This isn't training, this is you being bored!" Sakura complained. Another sponge smacked her in the face.

"If you have time to complain, then you have time to dodge."

Sakura groaned, as clones began throwing sponges at her at random, while the real Tsukiko continued to meditate. In reality, she was paying close attention to the discussion happening nearby between Tazuna and a worker who appeared to be quitting.

"Looks like some people won't be coming back at all." Tsukiko looked over the half-finished bridge. "This is a mess."