Boy Meets... Boy? Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

"JACE!!" 

This time he didn't even think about if Auntie was calling him, he knew. Who else would she be calling? And if he was wrong then at least he knew, he didn't want to piss of his new adoptive family. He hitched his backpack on his back before rushing out of his room and down the curved staircase, meeting a flustered Auntie at the bottom step. 

"I've been calling you for about 10 minutes! Did you not hear me?" She exclaimed at him, her eyes boaring in to him to know the truth of why he hadn't been down here the first time she had called him. But he couldn't bring himself to mention that his name wasn't Jace, so why would he respond to it, instead he nodded and replied, "I'm sorry Auntie. I was in the shower." It was technically true and so he didn't feel that bad telling her this. She seemed to calm down by this and signed, "Alright, well it's your first day of school...in this house....I just didn't want you being late is all. I don't want the Orphange Communty thinking that we are a bad family." She attempted a smile but it seemed strained as she stepped down the last step of the staircase and moved across the foyer. Jaycee followed her. "I won't be late Auntie, I promise." He smiled trying to reassure her. She turned to him suddenly and nodded. "Of course you won't be late. I am having Jonathan drive you to school with him. He can't be late so you won't be late either." She beemed at Jaycee as he cringed. He had to be in a car with him, the kid that wanted to kill? He'd rather be late. 

He glanced at Auntie and thought better of it. Jonathan he could tolerate, Auntie he had to deal with for everything that he would be going through until he was eighteen. If he messed up with her, his life could be over as he knew it. 

"Jonathan will be down any second, he just got back from his wrestling practice so he is just freshening up." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Jaycee was waiting in one of the chairs located in the foyer by the front door. Auntie had already left for work with Katey in tow. She had said to wait for Jonathan he'd be down soon. He guessed that being adopted meant he was prone to more yelling than the real child because he had to be kept in check. He knew they were already late though and guessed that he shouldn't make promises to Auntie anymore. Not if he didn't know that he couldn't keep them. 

Suddenly there was a loud bang and a couple of loud curse pharses coming down the staircase. Along with the curses was loud giggling. He frowned. What was going on up there that was making Jonathan so late. He didn't have to wait long though because Jonathan was running down the stairs, belting his pants together while a girl with flaming red hair came running after him. 

"Oh come one, Jonathan! It's school, who needs school? We could just skip first period. You know it would be fun." She spoke to Jonathan, who glared at her immediately when his name came out her mouth. When he stopped at the bottom of the stairs, the girl with the red hair having caught up with him, he looked down at her. He seemed conflicted. She seemed to sense this as she pushed herself against Jonathan, her fingers snaking into his shirt as she leaned upwards. When they were inches away from kissing, probably for the millionth time Jaycee cleared his throat loudly and stood up. "We are late." He stated obviously annoyed at the reason why he was late. As soon as he had cleared his thoart and spoken, Jonathan jumped. The girl just smiled, not a glimsp of shame or known of wrong doing on her face. As she smiled though, her face warm, her eyes showed a different emotion. They showed anger and confusion. 

"Why the hell are you here?!" Jonathan cried stalking toward Jaycee. Jaycee frowned as he repositioned his bookbag on his back. "Your mother said I am suppose to ride with you to school." He answered. Before Jonathan could reply, taking his anger out on Jaycee, the girl with the red hair spoke up. "Jonathan you never told me you had another guy living in your house." She glared at Jaycee. "Why are you living here?" Jaycee looked at her suddenly realizing who she was. She was the top cheerleader at their school, Fiona Berkley. He should have known Jonathan would be dating these type of people. Before Jaycee could answer Fiona, Jonathan spoke, "Ignore him Fiona. Come on, we are going to school." Jonathan grabbed her wrist and pulled her through the front doors and they disappeared. Jaycee stared after them and frowned. He wasn't looking forward to this car ride. He followed after them closing the front door behind him.