Boy Meets... Boy? Chapter Five

Boy Meets... Boy?: Chapter Five

Updated 7.18.2012

 ____________________________________________________________________________

When Jaycee was comfortably sitting on the bar stool, and Auntie had made sure he was comfortable and alright before she even begun to make dinner. The wonderful aromas of cooking food floated through the house and around Jaycee. It made his straved stomach gawn on itself. He'd rarely get fully feed nor had the experience to smell food while it was actually being cooked. 

"Have you ever cooked before, Jaycee?", Auntie asked after a while of silence. Jaycee shook his head no, having never in his life cooked before. His only extent to his cooking skill was making warm milk for cereal. He'd learned that when his mother was still alive. When she had passed away, his father had frequently began to lose jobs and their wasn't much money for food. Not even for milk. 

"Never?! Come over here then honey, let me show you how to cook." She waved him over to where she stood over a pan of minced onions. They sizzled in their on juices and maybe something more, Jaycee didn't know, but they smelled delicious as they cooked. She pulled him over, gently, so that he stood infront of the pan and gave him the wooden spoon she had been holding. "Now stir the onions just so that they don't brown." He looked at her, a little scared that he would mess up somehow but she gave him a push with her friendly smile and he catiously began to stir the onions. He pushed them around in the pan, quick at frist afriad that they'd burn but Auntie told him that he should do it slower. They had to cook too. He did so and soon began to relax. He noticed as he was cooking the onions, that they went from their whitish color to a yellowish, transparent look. It confused him and he asked Auntie about it . She laughed before explaining that when things cook they change in a way that was different than they use to be. You know onions are done when they turn transparent and you know meats down when its turned brown. Jaycee thought this was very interesting and continued to stir the onions until Auntie added a package of ground beef. He freaked out a little when he saw the bright red, rectangular slab on the pan but again Auntie helped him out. She told him he had to break the meat up before it turned brown. She showed him how and he continued while she added a number of liquids to the mixture. Finally the pan was boiling with bits of meat and onion floating around, the steam of cooking food making Jaycee's mouth water. Auntie moved around the kitchen, and he watched curiously as she made the sink come up with steam. He wondered what she was doing and was preplexed as she came back with a pot full of spaghetti noddles. She turned his pan off and told him to pour the sauce into the pot with the spaghetti. He did so and she took over, stir the contents together until she smiled satisified by its appearance. She told him to go get Jonathan and that Jonathan had to go and get Katey. He hestaited and she saw this. "Don't worry, honey. If he touches you then I'd make his life a living hell and he knows it so it's okay. Now go, dinner's ready and its horrible when cold." She patted his back in a final signal that there was no arguement, he had to do it. 

He walked out of the kitchen, a backwards glance at Auntie before heading up the stairs. He didn't even know where Jonathan's room was or who Katey was. He guessed it is the other child Auntie had mentioned but not by name until now. He frowned as he got to the top of the stairs and looked at the closed doors. Which one would be Jonathan's? He signed and decided that he might as well knock on everyone and find out since going back to Auntie empty handed was not an option. 

He began knocking on the first door going right. He opened it and found a closet stacked with towels and other fabricated materials. He closed it and continued down the hall. Eventually he got to the door next to his room, if he remembered correctly. As he knocked on it he heard soft, acoustic  melodies coming from the other end. Before he could hear much more though, they abruptly stopped and the door was yanked open. Jonathan stood in the door way, a guitar in his hand and the other gripping the door's edge. He glared at Jaycee before closing the door. Jaycee frowned. He would have left, not caring if he came and ate dinner or not but he need to tell whoever Katey was, that dinner was ready too. Katey hadn't done anything to him yet. He knocked on the door again, this time louder. It didn't open. "Would you open up?" Jaycee growled at the closed door. Why was this guy being such a jerk? He honestly had done nothing to this guy. This guy had done everything to him though. If someone is suppose to be angry it should be Jaycee not him.