unbeatable kuroi! defeated by...?

Start from the beginning

"Kyo, take the bags, I'm grabbing one more thing," I remark, heading back to grab some basic medicine and whatnot, knowing full well Shigure wouldn't be stocked up on these and someone as weak as Yuki should have them on call.

I return with a bag, running ahead of them before Kyo can pander his off back to me again.

"Yuki! The bath is ready!" Shigure calls.

"I'm not bathing today..." Yuki replies, sounding drowsy.

Shigure gasps, "How unsanitary!"

"No... I think I came down with a cold," Yuki says, throwing Tohru into immediate panic mode.

"Exactly why you should take a bath..." I mutter.

"That's terrible!" Tohru jumps up, placing a hand on Yuki's forehead. "Do you have a fever? Oh... seems you have a slight fever. You should take a break from school tomorrow! Relaxing will be good for you."

"Yep, take some medicine and go to sleep early, that's the best thing to do. If we had medicine at all, hmm..." Shigure looks through the cupboards with a puzzled look.

I rattle the bag I'm carrying. "Oh, indeed. It would suck if you had none. Luckily," I start pulling bottles out, "I have some common sense. And a little more compassion than I'd like you believe."

"It's not that serious, don't worry," Yuki says (I'm not worried). "Plus, tomorrow, we have our endurance run."

"No, you should stay home. It will be cold, and you need to take care of yourself even when you are young," Shigure says.

Kyo appears behind us like an ominous, dark spirit. "Endurance Run? We have an endurance run tomorrow?!"

"Yeah, we've been practicing for a while..." Yuki says.

"Then! A marathon... a bunch of people running... This is a race!" Kyo concludes.

"No, not at all," I say. "Besides, Yuki has a cold."

"A cold?! Only because he never trains so he's weak like a girl so always gets sick!"

"Excuse me? That's not how it works, ya know..."

"Let's compete! If you eat and rest you will feel better in the morning! Don't think you can escape..." Kyo's glare was intense over Yuki.

"Back off. You guys transform when you're stressed, remember? If he goes it could be a problem for all of us." I look towards Shigure and clap my hands together in prayer. "If the representative stays back, can I skip too? An endurance run is basic hell I don't need to endure, I already run tons for baseball."

"She wants to chicken out because that Kaito guy will come looking for her when she doesn't call," Kyo jeers.

"Shut up! I don't like that guy! He's arrogant, thinking he can pick girls up like that, and then he's rude for crashing into them without even a glance back," I snap.

"A love interest for Kuroi! How lucky, a first in the life time! Go on a date with him," Shigure says, mocking me with his fan. "It can't hurt, so you're not the only person in the house who hasn't lead some sort of love life. You won't be as despicable if you can score one date."

"What?! Nanami and Yuki's date was completely platonic! Kyo has basically been forced into marriage and Tohru... are you counting all the times Kyo and Yuki have gone with her somewhere? Those are friendly!"

"Have you been on a friendly date?" Shigure smirks as he looks down at me.

I fold my arms. "...No. But this guy isn't a Sohma, right? Two people know about the curse and that's no good... I don't want any accidents happening with him because I'll put Tohru and Nanami in danger... Besides, I don't like him! Not even at all, not even one bit!"