The Story

Annubis anxiously waited in what seemed like a mile long line. Every time she looked down at her ticket she imagined Arakai's cheeky smile encouraging her.

"Check out the celeb life she said, If you can preform like these people then you can join our group she said" Annubis mumbled to herself grasping her mouth shocked that those words came out. Sometime over the years she had developed a bad habit to talking to herself and sometimes loud enough for others to hear. She looked around but no one seemed to be paying her any mind, Annubis wondered how all these people were going to fit into the little café building that didn't look like it could hold more than 30 people. She looked at the airing laundry from above and wondered if the tenants ever got a free show or two. Annubis started to ponder about no longer having to beg for money again or be known as a street rat anymore. She scratched at her black nail polish, she didn't live on the street but her mom was too wired to be a caregiver and her less than minimum wage job barely covered the bills of their shitty apartment, let alone groceries. Annubis started to wish she didn't have to lie all the time, to her work about going to school though she dropped out, to her so called friends and to herself. She just wanted a normal life. Her mood saddened and she brushed away the thoughts, she looked at the ticket again.

"Maybe Arakai putting that $100 in my instrument case wasn't the worst thing ever." She thought allowed not caring if she was heard this time. Arakai had been pottering around her main begging street for over a month giving her $20's here and there until one day that blue haired pacifist gave her a lot more and started her 'I want your talent talk.' Annubis shook her head and showed her ticket to the doorman. Now she was here.

Annubis went to the first corner she could find thinking she was more of a fly on the wall then a true fan or invited person to this event. A small man with grills strut on the stage and did an intro of how there was going to be a mismatch of genres and that everyone should all stay tuned for Nova. Annubis's ear wiggled, 'Nova?' She wondered but let the random interest pass. A well known violinist took the small man's place. Annubis wasn't very impressed, being able to play the violin herself she didn't think the music was very clever nor did it demonstrate much skill.

"If she can have fans surely I could" she scoffed as a singer climbed on stage after her. Annubis would admit that a lot of the performers had talent while others not so much. Nonetheless she found herself tapping a foot to a beat and was surprised when the lights dimmed.

"Now introducing, Nova!" A voice said over a speaker, strobe lights flashed everywhere

"Epilsey warning" She muttered blocking her face. Her arm dropped when she heard a deep melodic voice. He appeared on stage shocking her, he looked nothing how she expected. His hair was long and white, tattoos covered his arms and hands and he wore punk clothing. Nova pointed in Annubis's direction as he sang and her heart fluttered frightening her because that had never happened before. She grabbed her chest

"Am I dying?" She questioned, before she could find out everything went Suddenly went quiet. All the lights cut out and the music stopped. Confused voices broke the silence, just as sudden  there was a sound of two gun shots. Annubis hit the ground in a split second panicked, screams and shrieks were everywhere. Annubis didn't move in fear of being trampled to death by the stampeding panicked crowd. She felt a sharp pinch in her arm and felt cold metal cuffs go around both wrists.

"I'm not the bad guy!" She yelled, Annubis was suddenly tossed over a shoulder and not knowing what else to do she screamed. She felt a hard painful blow delivered to the back of her head and she was out cold.

She awoke on damp ground in what looked like a supplies room, her hands were bound and she felt dizzy. A man dressed in all black stood with his back to her, she could see the end of a large gun that he held with both hands.