➢ 2; break-up, make-up (au)

"I think we should break up,"

"But we've only been going steady for two days?"

Diana sits up, her back touching the wooden headboard of the bed. Beside her was Steve, a man whom she met two days prior while strolling in the streets of Paris. The new couple who met during their clumsy encounter were already dating.

Steve feels like the stupid one, going ahead and asking her out before even getting to know her as a friend, at least. Diana feels the same, regretting to leading him on at this point in their so-called 'relationship'. So here they were, sitting in awkward silence. Steve whistles to make the atmosphere a less bit awkward.

"I do think that it's smart if we broke up. We have only been 'dating'," Steve lifted his fingers to form quotation marks, "for two days and tonight, I'm gonna be leaving anyway." He has a sympathetic smile across his face, which Diana sighs at.

"You're right, we can't make this work. I mean, you're in the army, who even knows if we would see each other again. I'm only in Paris until the end of the week and I'm headed back to Themyscira."

Others would call this a one-night-stand, but there was just something between these two that made them instantly connect. It was like they were soulmates, destined to find each other in the city of love.

Steve intertwined his fingers with Diana's. Pulling her closer to him, they lay there, cuddling. He gives her a kiss on the forehead.

"Maybe it won't work out now, but someday it could,"

He leaves that night, shipped off to God know's where. Diana kisses him lovingly and long, holding her breath for the longest she ever has.

"I'll return to you, I promise." He says, before departing.

5 Years Later

In her office, with an overview of the Eiffel Tower, Diana sits in her wheelie chair, legs crossed, talking to her co-CEO, Bruce Wayne about their usual business routine.

"Yes, Bruce, I will schedule the meeting with Clark, yes I understand that it has to be sooner, but he hasn't a lot of time in his hand-" Diana was on an important call with Bruce when her PA had interrupted her.

"Miss Prince, someone's requested for you in the lobby," Her PA, Olivia said with the most nervous-looking smile across her face. Diana pointed to the phone with her free hand and Olivia nodded. "It's a he, ma'am," Diana raised her palm, signaling for her to wait a minute.

"Bruce, you there? Yes okay, I will get to it right away. Okay, bye," She hung up the call with her co-worker in crime and followed Olivia.

"Who is this, he?" Diana asks her.

"He goes by the name, Steve Trevor, ma'am,"

Steve Trevor? That name sounded awfully familiar.

And there he was, the man whom she had a brief encounter with five long years ago. He looked the same. He seemed the same. His ocean-like eyes told the same story like it did those years ago.

"Steve.."

She ran to him, straight in his arms, as did he. She kissed him all over, oh how she's missed him. It's been too long, she thought.

"You're back," Diana's smile was bigger and brighter than the sun.

"I told you, I'll return for you,"

-- ☃--

a/n: it was supposed to be fluffy, but it turned to out to be like, this? i don't know how to categorize this one-shot tbh 😂. Also, thank you for 100+ reads!! Super thankful for y'all & for getting me here in a week!! so much love for you! see you next chapter! XO Ree