snowfall | 1

Over the faint noses of Redbone playing , I was in the bathroom doing anything possible to get high.

"Don't sniff all of my shit, Sapphire. What's wrong with you, bad day today?" Jaya says.

What's wrong with me? Yeah that's funny because even I couldn't answer that one for you

"Nothing." I say which she knows is a lie but really it's none of her business. See Jaya wasn't the type of friend you told things too just the one you get high with and call it a day.

"Well still don't use all of my shit I just bought that from your boyfriend."

"Does it look like I care!" I yelled. I didn't mean to but I was at that point in life where I kind of wanted to die and kind of wanted to see where this goes.
From the looks of it...death was looking better and better every second, minute and hour of the day.
Until then cocaine was my escape.

Jaya just stared at me for another good minute realizing I didn't want to talk and walked away.

Suddenly my phone rang.
"Hey baby." I answered. It was Kevin, but everyone called him King. We'd been together for two years. He was one of the biggest sellers around the Brooklyn streets. I'd do anything for him, go to jail, hide his stash he was my everything.

"Hey Saph. Look baby I won't be home tonight I gotta go make a drop with Bone and Tony at this college party but you can come and stop by if you'd like. Bring a friend too." He spoke.

"Ok that's fine. I love you see you tonight."

"Me too bye." He quickly hung up.

Wonder what that was about.

"Jaya!" I yelled for her to come back down. I didn't really have any other friends and Jaya was the closest thing to one so why not.

"Kevin invited us to a party you wanna slide by?" I asked.

"Yeah but, I'm gonna go back to my apartment first take a nap and get dressed. I'll be back just text me what time."

"Ok."

***********